Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Tell Vogel to play Hezonja more and tell Ibaka to embrace the move to Center

I was fortunate enough to get really close seats this time. Yelled a few things at Dwight

• Upvote 1

Jarrett Jack is holding an open audition to NBA teams. That's a player you have to look at considering our weakness at the position. Hopefully he looks good post-ACL: I think we are a team that can offer him the most money.

Random observations:

- Augustin is really struggling. Can barely penetrate against physical defenders and can't defend well.

- Vooch has great offensive skills but still plays like the lumbering big he's always been. His lateral foot speed on defense is atrocious, and he often takes a long time getting back on offense.

- Biz has brick hands and I believe would be best off the bench. That way, Ibaka would be our C and Gordon our PF.

- Fournier can be a real ball stopper.

- We're dying for a SF who can shoot to spread the floor.

- We're dying for a starting PG who can make opponents pay when they go under screens or leave open space.

- I don't think people realize how good the upcoming draft is in terms of talent... Fultz, Smith, Ball and Monk are all future all-star guards, imho. And there are plenty of other players who also have all-star potential. Why we're not trading vets (Green, Vooch, etc) and giving Gordon and Hezonja the ball to develop is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

Random observations:

- Augustin is really struggling. Can barely penetrate against physical defenders and can't defend well.

- Vooch has great offensive skills but still plays like the lumbering big he's always been. His lateral foot speed on defense is atrocious, and he often takes a long time getting back on offense.

- Biz has brick hands and I believe would be best off the bench. That way, Ibaka would be our C and Gordon our PF.

- We're dying for a starting PG who can make opponents pay when they go under screens or leave open space.

- I don't think people realize how good the upcoming draft is in terms of talent... Fultz, Smith, Ball and Monk are all future all-star guards, imho. And there are plenty of other players who also have all-star potential. Why we're not trading vets (Green, Vooch, etc) and giving Gordon and Hezonja the ball to develop is beyond me.

Cannot agree with you more. It seems to me that everything this franchise is focused on is a desperation for mediocrity.

Random observations:

We're going to have to move on from the whole AG at PF debate. He's coming into his own and being developed as a SF. Switching back is not wise. Just let that die. Ibaka is our PF and Biz just needs to continue work on his game. I believe that shoulder is still raw. His intensity hasn't been up to par.

I agree on the PG spot. We're in desperate need of a consistent all star talent there.

I believe at one point we're going to have to flirt with the idea, again, of Mario starting over Fournier. He's an complete ball stopper and defense just as concerning as Mario's. It may not happen now, but that should be the plan. Mario knows how to move the ball.

We're not tanking. It would be good timing to do so, which timing hasn't always been on our side in this rebuild, but upper management isn't going for it.