Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

eh, I just want to continue to win. While I don't want to wish injury on anyone, I hope every opposing star player's wife goes into labor the afternoon we play them so they choose not to play.

Challenges and testing a teams' mettle is for better teams. If we were sitting here at 13-6 with wins against everyone worse than us I'd be all for a healthy Thomas. We're still in the scrum. I'll take whatever luck we can get.

Yeah, really. I couldn't personally care less whether a team is at full strength or not. I'm not gonna root for injuries, but little injuries that keep a player out a game or two don't bother me(on my team or anyone else's). Lots of times the other players step up big in their teammates absense. They're all professionals. It can make for good debate also. When HOFer KG and All Star Jameer were out for the semis in 2009 a lot of people thought we would have lost if they weren't. The safe bet says we would have. Who knows though? Injuries are part of the game. Big Baby probably wouldn't have been in the game when he hit the game winner to push it to 3-2 in their favor. Then again, maybe we would have been getting destroyed by KG. Or maybe Jameer would have went off for 35.

a few days ago I mentioned how we had a good team that could be pretty good in the playoffs if we get to a high enough seed but we cant keep up with teams who have players that could potentially break our lineups (so LeBron, kyrie, Kemba, Wade, Butler, Paul George). in those instances where guys can just hit well defended shots we don't have a counter. We don't have that guy who can duel with them.

Well, cue last night. Turns out I might be totally wrong about that. Maybe Meeks was the answer. Maybe all we need to do is have a 9 man rotation where 8 guys can average double figures and hope 1/2 of them have good games each night.

Or maybe last night was some weird flash in a pan type thing.

We need more information. Because we weren't supposed to be able to do that.

a few days ago I mentioned how we had a good team that could be pretty good in the playoffs if we get to a high enough seed but we cant keep up with teams who have players that could potentially break our lineups (so LeBron, kyrie, Kemba, Wade, Butler, Paul George). in those instances where guys can just hit well defended shots we don't have a counter. We don't have that guy who can duel with them.

Well, cue last night. Turns out I might be totally wrong about that. Maybe Meeks was the answer. Maybe all we need to do is have a 9 man rotation where 8 guys can average double figures and hope 1/2 of them have good games each night.

Or maybe last night was some weird flash in a pan type thing.

We need more information. Because we weren't supposed to be able to do that.

I think its a safe bet Meeks is going to be Meeks. The bigger question is is Payton gonna be Payton?

Meeks is going to shoot and make shots. Until these last few games I forgot how much Meeks likes to shoot. He's good at it too lol.

I want to believe in Payton but he's done this big game stuff before only to go back to passing up shots (thankfully hasn't done that this year) and generally being lazy.

I think its a safe bet Meeks is going to be Meeks. The bigger question is is Payton gonna be Payton?

Meeks is going to shoot and make shots. Until these last few games I forgot how much Meeks likes to shoot. He's good at it too lol.

I want to believe in Payton but he's done this big game stuff before only to go back to passing up shots (thankfully hasn't done that this year) and generally being lazy.

Yeah we need last nights Payton to really compete. If he can't be consistent, we're going to have to make moves to bring someone in.

Yeah we need last nights Payton to really compete. If he can't be consistent, we're going to have to make moves to bring someone in.

I feel like we've seen the same old story with him -- not holding my breath.

Would love to be wrong though.

Cody Taylor ‏@CodyTaylorNBA · 16m16 minutes ago

Stephen Zimmerman finished with 24 points and 24 rebounds today. His 24 rebounds are a single-game high for any D-League game this season.

Cody Taylor ‏@CodyTaylorNBA · 16m16 minutes ago

Stephen Zimmerman finished with 24 points and 24 rebounds today. His 24 rebounds are a single-game high for any D-League game this season.

If we didn't have as many bigs I think he could contribute right now

I still don't. just want to keep people updated

Really? I mean it is against d-league talent, but usually the dominant players in d-league at least help in some way on the bench. But that's only if we had less bigs right now. Let's say we move Vuc for a scorer, then I truly believe Zimmerman could help, maybe not much but at least something