Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Not when you have a one year rental you can flip to help the areas of need... or did i not grasp that right?

Well, if we were playing AG at the 4 like I believe we should, I would agree.

Plus trading for Ibaka then trading him again isn't a good look to other vets to come in the future UNLESS you trade him to a better team with a chance to have an big role on a contender.

So why did you bring up usage in the first place?

Interesting....

Because higher usage leads to more opportunity but there's not a linear improvement.

Because higher usage leads to more opportunity but there's not a linear improvement.

Not to mention that it also needs to be tied to minutes and efficiency.

The point is alot of you have high hopes on Ibaka and Biyombo... dont, you will be highly disappointed. The stats do not suggest that these two will have some type of coming out party, im sorry. Just like they dont suggest DJ being a full timr starter.

If these guys were in like year 3 or 4, sure there is some ceiling. But there isnt. We will need to move some people, and have a balanced team. Keeping both Biyombo and Ibaka is too exepensive and not worth it.

The numbers don't support Augustin being a full time starter because we have 170 games of him starting for 5 different teams that show mediocre at best numbers

The numbers don't support Augustin being a full time starter because we have 170 games of him starting for 5 different teams that show mediocre at best numbers

Yeah he's best where he's at now. If a new PG is where we need to go, promoting DJ long term, based on history, says that's not a permanent answer.

Yeah he's best where he's at now. If a new PG is where we need to go, promoting DJ long term, based on history, says that's not a permanent answer.

Yeah, he's probably one of our better pure backup point guards ever with Beno Udrih, first year arroyo, chucky atkins, etc.

If we needed to start him for an extended period I think we'd be fine but that's not something you want to see as a long term plan.

Awkward question: who is the best pick of our rebuild and how are they performing for us?

Best pick is Dario Saric and he isnt doing anything for us

• Upvote 1

Awkward question: who is the best pick of our rebuild and how are they performing for us?

I'm going with Zimmerman. He just hasn't had a chance to show his stuff yet.