Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Still can't believe we gave up Tobias for basically nothing...

Well as of now he isnt very good. His improvement has mostly flatlined. Im not sure if he is worth much more than what we got. Not to mention the fact that it opened up a spot for Gordon is worth it to me.

Still can't believe we gave up Tobias for basically nothing...

Gave us the money to sign Biyombo and the flexibility to keep Fournier (who has been balling in the preseason). Biyombo > Harris as far as potential and needs of the team. Gordon will take over Harris's old spot and you won't miss Harris pretty soon.

Harris is a great guy but I don't lose any sleep over those trades. There are only 15 spots and you can only pay your players so much.

We will come to that conclusion and shift our roster a little bit during the season as well

We obviously didn't make much of an impression on the Spurs beat writers.

It's like running a fantasy draft on auto-pick only you had to forfeit the first two rounds because you never paid your league dues last year. Orlando has a bunch of players who are interesting and capable of putting up an impressive stat-line or a fun GIF on any given night, but I'm not sure if they have even one guy I'd want on my team. They're literally the Magic Kingdom of teams. All their main attractions are overpriced, you're guaranteed to be surrounded by immature brats and you'll be ready to get the hell out of there after 48 hours.

Certainly the Magic needed rim protection and shooting, so in that sense you can understand why Serge Ibaka would appeal to them. But how does Ibaka fit on a team with Aaron Gordon? Are they seriously moving him to small-forward full-time? And why sign Bismack Biyombo to a huge deal if you're not going to trade Nikola Vucevic? Where does Jeff Green fit into the picture and how can they shoehorn enough minutes for all five of them to be happy? Then there's Mario Hezonja, last year's lottery pick who was predictably stifled playing under Scott Skiles. Can he function on the floor alongside Evan Fournier or is he strictly a backup? And trying to quarterback it all and keep everyone fat and happy will be Elfrid Payton, D.J. Augustin and C.J. Watson, one of the diciest point guard rotations in the league.

Like I said, I don't know what to make of any of it, but I do know that I think Frank Vogel is pretty good, that he's the best coach they've had down there in forever, and that I think the change of scenery will be good for him after things got stale with the Pacers. He's had plenty of experience coaching up teams with sub-optimal point guards and a lack of shooters. I trust him to maximize this Iron Chef-worthy group of ingredients into something appetizing, even if you wouldn't want to eat it every day.

Take Vucevic. He's the ultimate tease and I've just about given up on him. For all his offensive talent --and he continues to make incremental progress there, including as a passer last season-- he's just such a glaring non-entity in his own end that it nullifies his scoring. Maybe playing with a legitimate rim-protector will help him, but I don't see how the floor spacing will work if it's Biyombo, and Ibaka isn't quite what he once was. Supposedly one of the main reasons the Thunder dealt him is he was complaining too much behind the scenes about wanting to be more involved offensively even though his development plateaued after he extended his shooting range. I'm guessing he'll want more shots with the Magic, but it's not like he's all of a sudden going to be isolating from the elbow and crossing people up. Biyombo is even more one-dimensional, but at least he knows what he is. He started a few big playoff games for Toronto in place of the injured Jonas Valanciunas, and parlayed that into a huge contract, but who knows if he'll be able to perform consistently.

http://www.poundingt...-season-preview

Gave us the money to sign Biyombo and the flexibility to keep Fournier (who has been balling in the preseason). Biyombo > Harris as far as potential and needs of the team. Gordon will take over Harris's old spot and you won't miss Harris pretty soon.

Wow just wow. The revisionist history and delusion is at an all time high.

We obviously didn't make much of an impression on the Spurs beat writers.

[/size]

http://www.poundingt...-season-preview

They all think they know how this all plays out. Yeah right. Let's see let me dust off my crystal ball. OK I see a 50 win season. Fournier is an all-star. And Gordon wins most improved player award. Sounds much better and has the same chance at happening.

Hey guys can someone who lives in orlano do me a favor and go to orlandomagic.com and click on where it says stream the game tonight and see what it says. I just did it and it says the game is not available in my area but I am in champions gate which is only 30 miles away. Thanks

I think their assessment is pretty fair to be honest.

It's shortsighted and irritational. He's rambling on and on without an objective thought.

That was no assessment.

"Like I said, I don't know what to make of any of it"

Pretty much sums up the article.

Hey guys can someone who lives in orlano do me a favor and go to orlandomagic.com and click on where it says stream the game tonight and see what it says. I just did it and it says the game is not available in my area but I am in champions gate which is only 30 miles away. Thanks

I don't know. I'm 40 or so miles away, turned on the location services and it's saying I didn't so I don't know.

They just need to end the crap and air the games.