Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I personally take absolutely nothing from 1 college game, I am not that fickle.

Which brings me to a different point--why are all these 1 and done players going to schools that can't even make the tournament? Is it just cause they know they're 1 and done so they just go somewhere convienant?

To the first point, there was more than one game that was concerning, though he did have more high scoring games than not,for sure. He just doesn't look like a very good shooter, I don't think his scoring is going to translate to the NBA as smoothly as some think. That doesn't mean he won't be a fine player.

As far as the second point, I'm not sure about Simmons but smith is from the NC State area so that was a local choice. Not sure about Fultz.

To the first point, there was more than one game that was concerning, though he did have more high scoring games than not,for sure. He just doesn't look like a very good shooter, I don't think his scoring is going to translate to the NBA as smoothly as some think. That doesn't mean he won't be a fine player.

As far as the second point, I'm not sure about Simmons but smith is from the NC State area so that was a local choice. Not sure about Fultz.

With Simmons I'm pretty sure they gave a mentor of his a job or something like that.

Dear god just stay in the top 7.

Here we go again. Another meaningless run of wins in a lost season to push us out of the top 10 (and top 5) of the draft. Then we get to hear we just didnt have luck in the lotto and we couldnt trade up because teams wanted too much or our GM spent the whole draft sucking on a Zephyr Hills water bottle instead of picking up the phone. This organization is full of clowns from top to bottom. They are so bad they cant even be good at being bad for god sakes. Why why why are we doing this again for no reason (and please dont say to promote a winning culture for next year).

Here we go again. Another meaningless run of wins in a lost season to push us out of the top 10 (and top 5) of the draft. Then we get to hear we just didnt have luck in the lotto and we couldnt trade up because teams wanted too much or our GM spent the whole draft sucking on a Zephyr Hills water bottle instead of picking up the phone. This organization is full of clowns from top to bottom. They are so bad they cant even be good at being bad for god sakes. Why why why are we doing this again for no reason (and please dont say to promote a winning culture for next year).

Agree. We have a chance to get a franchise player and we will blow it. Just like we have the last few years. This is why we've been a bottom feeder in the NBA the last 5 years and have nothing to show for it.

I love the "winning culture" talk when we win meaningless sporadic games in March lol

Because provably purposefully throwing games would likely result in the forfeiture of our draft pick and potentially more.

We're benching vucevic for minor soreness, playing green at center what more do you want?

You can't hold guys out for no reason. That likely results in a complaint from the nbapa for what is effectively an unwarranted suspension.

Can't help it if Payton wins a game effectively by himself

Agree. We have a chance to get a franchise player and we will blow it. Just like we have the last few years. This is why we've been a bottom feeder in the NBA the last 5 years and have nothing to show for it.

I love the "winning culture" talk when we win meaningless sporadic games in March lol

But Payton had a triple double and Vucevic posts great stats! Everything will be fine!

:svgsad:

But Payton had a triple double and Vucevic posts great stats! Everything will be fine!

:svgsad:/>

:svgsad: