Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Not really. Kind of a mixed bag

Yeah, I'm just watching his athleticism and aggressiveness, which I had underrated. Maybe I'm crazy but he kind of reminds me of Caron Butler

"And with the second overall pick, the Memphis Grizzlies select Hasherm Thabeet [over Harden, Curry, DeRozan, Holiday, Teague and others]."

I can't even imagine what that GM must think of himself after that foolishness. Wowzers

http://www.nba.com/h...aft/2009-draft/

How about MN taking Rubio at 5 and Jonny Flynn at 6 just ahead of GS selecting Stephen Curry at 7. Ouch!

On Jayson Tatum. I'm a little worried he'll be Otto Porter or somebody like that but at times he looks like Paul Pierce with some of the tough iso shots he hits. Lots of tricks in the mid-high post as well. He could be a really great scorer. This draft is so tough to judge after Fultz (was Fultz and Ball before the crazy Ball dad).

The 76ers announced the results of JoelEmbiid's MRI on his left knee and the results are unfortunately all too familiar for the injury-prone big man.

Embiid, who missed his first two NBA seasons due to foot injuries, will miss the rest of this season as a previously identified meniscus tear appeared more pronounced, the team announced Wednesday.

"Our primary objective and focus remains to protect his long-term health and ability to perform on the basketball court," Sixers president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo said in a release. "As our medical team and performance staff continue their diligence in the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of Joel's injury, we will provide any pertinent updates when available."

Embiid's injury news comes just days after the 76ers announced that rookie forward Ben Simmons will miss the entire season while recovering from a broken foot.

Embiid, 22, averaged 20.2 points, 7.8rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game in 31 games played this season. He'll havewait until next season to "Trust the Process" once again.

http://www.sportingn...b81bs7mvtmydj4v

Looks like Philly has decided to tank the rest of the year and try to maximize their chances of grabbing LA's pick in the loaded 2017 draft rather than 2018. That could work in our favor to give us the Laker 2019 first round pick.

http://www.sportingn...b81bs7mvtmydj4v

Looks like Philly has decided to tank the rest of the year and try to maximize their chances of grabbing LA's pick in the loaded 2017 draft rather than 2018. That could work in our favor to give us the Laker 2019 first round pick.

This isn't tanking. Dude has a meniscus tear.

You don't tank by holding out your rookie franchise player that has already missed 180 career games another 40 games. You tank by limiting his minutes and holding him out of games situationaly

This isn't tanking. Dude has a meniscus tear.

You don't tank by holding out your rookie franchise player that has already missed 180 career games another 40 games. You tank by limiting his minutes and holding him out of games situationaly

First let me say that even though the Sixers are the enemy, i hope he turns out ok. It's time for big men to make a comeback in the NBA.

This could be good for us if they push the Lakers to number 4. Also as a fan if the injuries turn out fine i'm curious who the Sixers could draft if they get both picks.

First let me say that even though the Sixers are the enemy, i hope he turns out ok. It's time for big men to make a comeback in the NBA.

This could be good for us if they push the Lakers to number 4. Also as a fan if the injuries turn out fine i'm curious who the Sixers could draft if they get both picks.

I'm convinced that Joel Embiid will be a stud for about 25 out of 82 games for the next 2 seasons before he slowly fades out of the league. Big men with bad knees never last. And, I really really hope I'm wrong because the dude is fun to watch.

CBS Sports latest mock draft has us taking Jayson Tatum at 4. Fultz 1 to Boston, Josh Jackson 2nd to Phoenix, Jonathan Isaac 3rd to the Lakers. Lonzo Ball 5th to Philadelphia, Dennis Smith at 8 to the Knicks, Malik Monk at 11 to Chicago, us taking Josh Hart out of Villanova with the 25th pick. I think Hennigan would get crucified on here if he passed on both Smith and Ball, but I can definitely see the hesitation on Ball. That kid's dad is killing his draft stock.

I'm convinced that Joel Embiid will be a stud for about 25 out of 82 games for the next 2 seasons before he slowly fades out of the league. Big men with bad knees never last. And, I really really hope I'm wrong because the dude is fun to watch.

Yeah. Its sad. I hope they get him with the sports science guys who fixed Gordon's landing that resulted in the foot injury