Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Just give me, for once, a prospect with legit star power. Something this team hasn't had during this rebuild.

Fultz

Smith

Jackson

Ball

Give me 1 of those 4. We deserve one of those 4.

I don't think Smith is in the top tier of prospects in this draft, but second tier. That doesn't mean I think he won't be a very good player though. I'd put Jackson clearly ahead of him and Isaac ahead of him as well. He's in a battle for 5th with Tatum and Lauri imo.

I don't think Smith is in the top tier of prospects in this draft, but second tier. That doesn't mean I think he won't be a very good player though. I'd put Jackson clearly ahead of him and Isaac ahead of him as well. He's in a battle for 5th with Tatum and Lauri imo.

No way. Smith is right there.

Fultz

Smith

Jackson

Ball

No way. Smith is right there.

Fultz

Smith

Jackson

Ball

His performance in 4 of the last 5 games is pretty concerning. Don't see how you could have him over Jackson or ball at this point.

His performance in 4 of the last 5 games is pretty concerning. Don't see how you could have him over Jackson or ball at this point.

I don't let a couple bad games from a teenager change my opinion of them--not that fickle.

I don't let a couple bad games from a teenager change my opinion of them--not that fickle.

Eh. A couple bad games is ok. A stretch is concerning.

But no more concerning than isaac or Tatum or whatever.

But ball has played better and so has Jackson.

I wanted Mario on draft night, and he can still turn it around. But he has absolutely been a bust so far.

I know it's hard to play with sporadic minutes, but even when he gets minutes, we don't even see a glimmer of a flash of what he can do. He is lost on both ends and doesn't even have a jumpshot to fall back on. We have done a terrible job developing him, but he's not helping himself at all.

He has shown thay he does have it. Look back at how JJ developed after we got Van Gundy (JJ's second year) coaching him. Minutes and numbers dropped almost in half in VG's first year (JJ was 24 years old that year too. Mario is experiencing a similar drop in minutes and numbers under Vogel that JJ did under VG. While Mario isn't the pure shooter JJ is he is a lot more athletic and has the ability and mentality to be elite. Mario has a long ways to go but he has the right coach to get it out of him.

He has shown thay he does have it. Look back at how JJ developed after we got Van Gundy (JJ's second year) coaching him. Minutes and numbers dropped almost in half in VG's first year (JJ was 24 years old that year too. Mario is experiencing a similar drop in minutes and numbers under Vogel that JJ did under VG. While Mario isn't the pure shooter JJ is he is a lot more athletic and has the ability and mentality to be elite. Mario has a long ways to go but he has the right coach to get it out of him.

Mario doesn't possess the basketball IQ nor the overall feel for the game JJ has or had.

Marios issue isn't solely based off skill set IMO--it's that he looks absolutely lost on an NBA court. More playing time with good coaching should, in theory, fix this.

Eh. A couple bad games is ok. A stretch is concerning.

But no more concerning than isaac or Tatum or whatever.

But ball has played better and so has Jackson.

Let's see how the year plays out. Smith seems like a guy that could put a team on his back come the tourney.