Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

ugh. couple things here.

1. Isaac's floor is trevor ariza. his ceiling is higher.

2. Lebron doesn't lack a killer instinct. that's preposterous.

3. Contract year ariza was nowhere near an all star.

4. a somewhat realsitic opinion on Isaac's ceiling is tayshaun Prince. a pessimistic version of Isaac's ceiling should be Markieff Morris. an overly optimistic version of Isaac's ceiling is Paul George.

2. Lebron doesn't lack a killer instinct.

I don't think he lacks one comletely, because there are levels to it. Some players have bigger killer instincts, that's for sure

Anyone who can say LeBron lacks killer instinct with a straight face probably isn't worth talking to about basketball. In terms of Isaac i'm willing to give a 19 year old kid who shared a team with two older ball dominant guards a chance before I right off his killer instinct completely.

oh, one other thing I wanted to add.

if we're taking a 19 year old kid who shared a team with two older ball dominant guards and sticking them in the NBA on a roster with two (or more) older ball dominant guards, why are we expecting a different result?

wouldn't it seem like his college production/demeanor would translate directly?

I don't think he lacks one comletely, because there are levels to it. Some players have bigger killer instincts, that's for sure

Dude had 33% USG and a triple double in game 7 of the finals against the winningest regular season team of all time. How does that lack killer instinct?

if we're taking a 19 year old kid who shared a team with two older ball dominant guards and sticking them in the NBA on a roster with two (or more) older ball dominant guards, why are we expecting a different result?

I did think that after I posted it to be honest. None of our guards had a USG as high as Dwayne Bacon but you're right it's a pretty lose argument at best.

I find it hard to believe more people haven't thought this out.

What's the track record for guys getting "lost" on a college team and then flourishing in the NBA? I wouldn't think there have been many.

I don't expect us to keep the two ball dominant guards.

Dude had 33% USG and a triple double in game 7 of the finals against the winningest regular season team of all time. How does that lack killer instinct?

I think he should've been a little more selfish down the stretch in game 3 when they needed a bucket to ice the game. He's unstoppable going to the rim, he could've been fouled (Draymond already had 5)

What's the track record for guys getting "lost" on a college team and then flourishing in the NBA? I wouldn't think there have been many.

Wiggins was a better prospect but there were similar concerns

Rudy Gay is the best case scenario. Or it's Harrison Barnes if you're a big believer that his last year was valid.

the other "lost in college, top pick" guys are:

Zach Lavine

Drummond

Dion Waiters

Derrick Favors

Xavier Henry

Patrick Patterson

Terrence Williams

oh, westbrook. westbrook is the best case scenario

tyrus Thomas

Marvin Williams

Wiggins was a better prospect but there were similar concerns

no, not at all. Wiggins was the top option and dropped 17/game. people wanted him to take over more, but he just ran the offense and benefitted from that a lot.

Kawhi Leonard?

I know he could be the exception to the rule, and he was picked lower, but look at his college stats and tell me that doesn't look like Isaac's.