Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Yeah I thought Chicago. Really surprised they went with Markkanenn.

Wonder if there's something there in his personality that's just not jiving with GM's?

A seven footer who can shoot threes and handle the ball relatively well is far more valuable than another point guard in an era where there are a ton of serviceable point guards.

I still don't get why we traded 35 when pick 23 was happening.. why not at least keep it until you see who's still on the board? I hope we have some excitement this offseason, I really don't want to see anymore Vucevic/Fournier 2-ball

There is a lot of offseason left so who knows what we do, but if he stays I think we have a pretty good picture of what he is. Maybe incremental improvements in his shooting.

Hezonja is the glaring question mark. Everything is there physically, he shot well enough as a rookie, but is he broken mentally?

Hezonja's own comments seem to indicate that he needs to find his rhythm while on the court. When he is worried about earning his minutes by not making mistakes he can't find his rhythm. That's why they need to give him consistently 25-30 minutes and let him prove he is or isn't a future piece.

I'm convinced EP is what he is at this point. That isn't a bad player. It is a player that can't be counted on to provide shooting to a team lacking in it. Fine. Don't ask him to do that. Let EP be a facilitator that pushes the pace, finds cutters and runs pick and pop.

A seven footer who can shoot threes and handle the ball relatively well is far more valuable than another point guard in an era where there are a ton of serviceable point guards.

Except that 7 footer's maneuverability and game might not be as efficient in the NBA to where as that PG'S game is more suited for the NBA.

a seven footer in name only that plays like he's 6'6 and probably can't be a starter in the playoffs due to poor pick and roll defense has limited value. You pick Markkanen as an unusual weapon that a good team can keep in it's toolbox and bring out when the opportunity presents itself. not as the first piece for a new rebuild.

Hezonja's own comments seem to indicate that he needs to find his rhythm while on the court. When he is worried about earning his minutes by not making mistakes he can't find his rhythm. That's why they need to give him consistently 25-30 minutes and let him prove he is or isn't a future piece.

I'm convinced EP is what he is at this point. That isn't a bad player. It is a player that can't be counted on to provide shooting to a team lacking in it. Fine. Don't ask him to do that. Let EP be a facilitator that pushes the pace, finds cutters and runs pick and pop.

I think if EP is still here we will do that but I think we're going to move away from that eventually.

a seven footer in name only that plays like he's 6'6 and probably can't be a starter in the playoffs due to poor pick and roll defense has limited value. You pick Markkanen as an unusual weapon that a good team can keep in it's toolbox and bring out when the opportunity presents itself. not as the first piece for a new rebuild.

Markannen represents a unicorn, Smith a horse. Chicago has horses in the stables, they are looking for a unicorn. So are we.

Markannen represents a unicorn, Smith a horse. Chicago has horses in the stables, they are looking for a unicorn. So are we.

Markkanenn is a pony.

EP has improved his entire game each year he's been in the league thus far. He is on a strong growth curve and is young for a (good) point guard. If you are convinced in what he is at this point then you will forever be behind.

#Magic GM John Hammond just gave a statement that perfectly explains last night's draft: "This is a year for us to sit and evaluate"

#Magic GM John Hammond: "we want to develop players...and we want to win along the way."

#Magic GM John Hammond on Sirius XM describes 33rd pick Wesley Iwundu as a "3 and D player".

I've been a fan since 92, and I'm as discouraged as I ever have been. To suffer through last season and to suffer through the several last seasons only for us to get the 6th pick and JUST miss out on getting Fox, who was in my opinion the last franchise-changing player in the draft. Well it just sucks. On top of that our front office clearly doesn't have the slightest clue what they're doing. I can take losing seasons if it's building to SOMETHING, but the last few seasons were just a complete waste of time.

a unicorn is someone who can simultaneously play big and small. porzingis, davis, giannis are all multifaceted.

Markkanen plays like JJ Redick both in play type and stature.