Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

So, the most egregious part of this draft to me is getting a return of a second rounder for pick 35. The trade of 25 was bad, but it is still likely that the first rounder we got in return will be higher, with 24 picks higher than 25 and 5 below. That plus a second rounder makes the return at least ok, though it could have been better.

Getting a single second rounder for 35 is just a bad return though. It is very likely that the pick in the future will be much lower.

Overall, I am ok, though not ecstatic, with the picks. Not who I would have picked, but we will see- perhaps they see something that we don't. The trades, however, did not give our team much in return, which is incredibly dissapointing.

We're not filling holes -- were starting from scratch and knocking the whole building down. We're collecting assets right now. Prepare to suck for a few more years

Unfortunately it seems that we're giving away more assets than we're collecting.

Thing is, how? We have an unfortunate roster of either overpaid vets that nobody is interested in, or young guys that haven't met potiential but won't net anything in return.

Other then Brooklyn or Sac Town, is there a team in the league with a roster situation that's worse then ours?

At least Brooklyn is doing smart things with its lack of assets now.

So, the most egregious part of this draft to me is getting a return of a second rounder for pick 35. The trade of 25 was bad, but it is still likely that the first rounder we got in return will be higher, with 24 picks higher than 25 and 5 below. That plus a second rounder makes the return at least ok, though it could have been better.

Getting a single second rounder for 35 is just a bad return though. It is very likely that the pick in the future will be much lower.

Overall, I am ok, though not ecstatic, with the picks. Not who I would have picked, but we will see- perhaps they see something that we don't. The trades, however, did not give our team much in return, which is incredibly dissapointing.

You misunderstand what we got for the 25 pick. It is top 20 protected. That means the best we could possibly get is a 21st selection, and the odds are greatly against that. And even if by some miracle we do get a late first rounder in 2020 or thereabouts, there's no telling how deep that draft will be.

It's equally likely that we won't end up with a first round pick at all, but rather second rounders in 2022 and 2023.

We're probably splitting hairs there. Hahaha. I'm not a huge Fox guy. Don't see a lot of talent the rest of their roster either.

Their draft killed our draft

Weltman: "Part of Jonathan's appeal is he'll be able to be a multi-positional player. He rebounds like a 4. He handles the ball like a 3."