Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

When they were hired i thought Weltman was in charge but everyone talks like Hammond is in charge

I have no idea how a POBO works. he might just sign off on moves. he might be big picture.

my problem is we might be drafting players to fit the picture instead of BPA and then developing the picture around that. Because it's obvious the league is going toward Milwaukee where you throw out four 6'8+ guys on the court at the same time and just have them switch everything. and Isaac fits that. but he's not BPA.

So wait, boston has brooklyns pick next year too?! In addition to the philly (formerly LaL) pick they just acquired?

Sp we're looking at an ECF teams that more than likely has 3 top 5 picks in the next two drafts?

We're screwed then, even post Lebron. Boston, philly and minnesota are wayy ahead of us

Luckily, Ainge can't draft for ****.

John Hammond didn’t get his nickname “Trader John’’ for nothing. During his nine-year tenure as the Bucks general manager, Hammond seemingly made a trade as often as he combed his well-kempt hair.

Look for Hammond to shuffle the deck now that he’s the new Magic GM. NBA officials said Hammond has been working the phones, trying to move point guard Elfrid Payton and veteran centers Nikola Vucevic and Bismack Biyombo.

If Hammond is successful in moving Payton, it will likely impact the Magic’s draft plans. The consensus among NBA officials is the Magic will draft Florida State forward Jonathan Isaac with the sixth overall selection. However, if Payton is moved, the Magic may change plans at select North Carolina State point guard Dennis Smith.

http://woelfelspressbox.com/2017/06/nba-trade-winds-intensifying/

:creaturedance:

Gery Woelfel‏

@GeryWoelfel

Follow

 More

Trade rumors are swirling, and "Trader John'' Hammond is in the midst of them:

And that’s just the start. There are an array of rumors surrounding the draft and here are some of them:

— John Hammond didn’t get his nickname “Trader John’’ for nothing. During his nine-year tenure as the Bucks general manager, Hammond seemingly made a trade as often as he combed his well-kempt hair.

Look for Hammond to shuffle the deck now that he’s the new Magic GM. NBA officials said Hammond has been working the phones, trying to move point guard Elfrid Payton and veteran centers Nikola Vucevic and Bismack Biyombo.

If Hammond is successful in moving Payton, it will likely impact the Magic’s draft plans. The consensus among NBA officials is the Magic will draft Florida State forward Jonathan Isaac with the sixth overall selection. However, if Payton is moved, the Magic may change plans at select North Carolina State point guard Dennis Smith.

never heard of this guy but every important nba person follows him on twitter so I think he's legit.

Gery Woelfel‏

@GeryWoelfel

Follow

 More

Trade rumors are swirling, and "Trader John'' Hammond is in the midst of them:

never heard of this guy but every important nba person follows him on twitter so I think he's legit.

He's the Bucks main beat writer I think. Or at least one of them. He's definitely legit.

I feel like the only one here who isn't big on Smith. But we'll just see how things shake out, I'm more excited about the idea of finally trading away some of the crap on our roster than anything.

I feel like the only one here who isn't big on Smith. But we'll just see how things shake out, I'm more excited about the idea of finally trading away some of the crap on our roster than anything.

not a big fan of explosive finishing at the rim?

Gery Woelfel is legit. Started following him after Tobias trade. All things Bucks with general NBA sprinkles.

Why don't you like Smith?