Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Latest Chad Ford Pick:

They have Smith going 9th to the Mavs. Ford says he worked out for the Mavs last week and they were "smitten" with his workout and athleticism.

If we pass on Smith or Isaac for Markkanen, I don't know how I can be exited for the season or our future.

I would be incredibly disappointed

Latest Chad Ford Pick:

They have Smith going 9th to the Mavs. Ford says he worked out for the Mavs last week and they were "smitten" with his workout and athleticism.

If we pass on Smith or Isaac for Markkanen, I don't know how I can be exited for the season or our future.

Please God no

I can't put into words how bad I'd feel if we end up selecting Isaac. I just can't get behind a guy who supposedly has these skills but can't force minutes and a larger roll.

• Upvote 1

I can't put into words how bad I'd feel if we end up selecting Isaac. I just can't get behind a guy who supposedly has these skills but can't force minutes and a larger roll.

You apparently aren't familiar with FSU basketball and Leonard Hamilton coaching philosophies. FSU played 10-12 players all year last year. He also played with Dwayne Bacon who's success relies on having the ball in his hand. When given the opportunity with more volume, by in large, Johnathan Isaac showed the ability to become an even better player.

Personally I don't care who we take or what position they play as long as it isn't somebody that we are going to teach how to shoot! NO MORE PROJECTS! We need somebody that can already put the ball in the hole, make FTs, and play D. We also need to trade away everybody that can't do all 3 of those things for whatever picks we can get for them. We suck bad and adding a few new pieces isn't going to change that, we need a fire sale!

Please God no

I actually like Makkanen, his skill set is perfect for the "new" NBA style of play, but you have to play him at the 5 primarily with occasional minutes at the 4. If you pick him, you have to find a way to trade Vucc ASAP

You apparently aren't familiar with FSU basketball and Leonard Hamilton coaching philosophies. FSU played 10-12 players all year last year. He also played with Dwayne Bacon who's success relies on having the ball in his hand. When given the opportunity with more volume, by in large, Johnathan Isaac showed the ability to become an even better player.

half of this message board graduated from FSU.

you can blame low opportunity only so much. Malik Beasley did fine carving out a nice role.

Even the most optimistic scouts and draft experts say "don't expect a star" "projects to be a high value role player who can defend 4 positions and would allow for versatile lineups playing the 3 up to the 5". Nobody says here's the next star.

Personally I don't care who we take or what position they play as long as it isn't somebody that we are going to teach how to shoot! NO MORE PROJECTS! We need somebody that can already put the ball in the hole, make FTs, and play D. We also need to trade away everybody that can't do all 3 of those things for whatever picks we can get for them. We suck bad and adding a few new pieces isn't going to change that, we need a fire sale!

you've literally disqualified everyone in the lottery except for ntlikina and Isaac. actually nevermind. you said no more projects. you disqualified everyone.