Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

That's what IT does really well: create space and drive, mid range, or 3 ball with quick first step. If we're saying the same things about Fultz here that comparison makes sense.

Nah, that's not a great comparison. Thomas is unique. He's quick and might be the worst defender in the nba. Fultz is big enough to Bully his way to the rim

here's my draft wishlist

1.fultz

2. Ball or Smith Jr

3 Smith JR or Ball

4. Monk

5. Isaac

I feel like Jackson and Tatum are in that Jaylen Brown, Stanley Johnson, Justice Winslow, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Demar Derozan, Josh Childress, heck even aaron gordon area of SFs. The "This guy looks like an NBA player and has a really high floor and is 99% likely to be at least a good pro. But the production might take a while to show up." And Isaac might ultimately be in this group when all is said and done but at least he's versatile (size, shooting, skillset).

Who's a good comp for Isaac? Rashard Lewis?

Who's a good comp for Isaac? Rashard Lewis?

He's somewhere in the quincy miller-donte green-paul george-kevin Durant spectrum of 6'2 guys who were running around high school playing point guard and shooting guard before they have a late growth spurt and grow to 6'10. so you have a guy who retains all his guard skills and moves around like a guard but is the size of a PF.

We're now 7th in the tankathon--Sixers have jumped us in the standings. February schedule is brutal--it would be better long term to just bottom out and get a Top 4 pick. Have no shot of catching Brooklyn but we can probably be in that Miami, LA range.

We're now 7th in the tankathon--Sixers have jumped us in the standings. February schedule is brutal--it would be better long term to just bottom out and get a Top 4 pick. Have no shot of catching Brooklyn but we can probably be in that Miami, LA range.

I think we finish 6th unless something is done to solidify the tank.

counterpoint on Isaac (and my biggest worry with him):

Mike Schmitz Verified account 

‏@Mike_Schmitz

Tough game for J Isaac. Love the versatility on D but doesn't give you much on O if J isn't falling. Defers often (easy to do next to Bacon)

We need to draft top 4. Would totally change the outlook of this team if we added a Ball or Smith jr.

The silver lining of us sucking so bad is the unity that it brought to the fans. 90% of us realize that it's better to throw this season away

I still think we'd be a better team next year with someone like Jackson/Isaac than another pg. Ball is really starting to catch my interest, but we would need to trade Payton because he is not a backup point guard.

I still think we'd be a better team next year with someone like Jackson/Isaac than another pg. Ball is really starting to catch my interest, but we would need to trade Payton because he is not a backup point guard.

Not taking a superior prospect because of Elfrid Payton would be a terrible decision

I think the gameplan would be go 2 point guard lineups for a while and then eventually trade Payton.

ultimately you have to take one of the top 3 guys if you get them though. Payton is starting to be a fine starting point guard but the ceiling is so much higher for Fultz/smith/ball.

but yeah, it's be a whole lot easier for the franchise if we were stuck choosing between Monk/Isaac/Jackson/Tatum

Also, we could just trade the pick if a good player is available. No shot of that happening now but teams fall in love with players near the draft.