Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I just don't know about him. Every single draft express article for him this year includes the phrase "while [other first round prospect] got the better of him in the box score, he got the win".

That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence

He did fine against Leaf today, and got the win.

It'll be interesting to see where Markkanen falls after combine measurements.

He doesn't quite have the physical profile of a Porzingis, and I'm not sure that he fits defensively with Vuch.

These are weird times in the standings, our position dropped to #10 in the lottery, but we are now only 3 games behind the #2 spot. Our tough Feb schedule could set us up for the top of the lotto.

It'll be interesting to see where Markkanen falls after combine measurements.

He doesn't quite have the physical profile of a Porzingis, and I'm not sure that he fits defensively with Vuch.

Something tells me he isn't going to drop, only go up.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/1/20/14336960/arizona-lauri-markkanen-shooting-nba-draft-2017

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2017/1/22/14352062/arizona-wildcats-basketball-lauri-markkanen-steve-alford-ucla-bruins-nba-draft-stock-highlights

He's a legit 7 footer than can put the ball on the floor, has a good spin move already, and shoots 50% from three. He's like a bigger and better Ryan Anderson with shades of Dirk. No one is stopping his jumper. Porzingis is not the correct comparison.

These are weird times in the standings, our position dropped to #10 in the lottery, but we are now only 3 games behind the #2 spot. Our tough Feb schedule could set us up for the top of the lotto.

Hopefully

Go on a bad run, trade Ibaka (nothing personal), Vuch, and in a perfect world Fournier, then put up the white flag, play Mario some more to hopefully see something, get a top 3 pick and try again.

Hopefully ownership is happy with this plan because if they aren't, and they still expect playoffs then there is no way Rob blows it up which will be a damn shame.

Interesting night in the league, it looks like every team (except Nets) that has a worse record than us will win tonight. Including a Miami win over GS, and NO over Cle.

Something tells me he isn't going to drop, only go up.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/1/20/14336960/arizona-lauri-markkanen-shooting-nba-draft-2017

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2017/1/22/14352062/arizona-wildcats-basketball-lauri-markkanen-steve-alford-ucla-bruins-nba-draft-stock-highlights

He's a legit 7 footer than can put the ball on the floor, has a good spin move already, and shoots 50% from three. He's like a bigger and better Ryan Anderson with shades of Dirk. No one is stopping his jumper. Porzingis is not the correct comparison.

Just to clarify, I did not intend to suggest that he would necessarily fall downward. But as I previously pointed out, he does not have a Kristaps-like frame and seems to only fit with a Biyombo-type defensively. Really the only way it doesn't become an issue in the frontcourt is if both Vuc and Serge are gone in the summer.

[

Orlando Magic

Odds of a top-5 pick: 32.4 percent

Chances of drafting a PG: I'm an Elfrid Payton fan, but any of the top-5 point guards in this draft would be an upgrade. I don't think the goal in Orlando is to necessarily get younger. However, I think the Magic are still looking for a superstar. If they land any of the top three point guards, he'll have the highest ceiling of anyone on the team.

Best PG fit: I'd love to see Lonzo Ball serving up Aaron Gordon.That's what Gordon needs to take his game to the next level. Those two together would just be awesome. -- Ford

If they don't draft a PG: Everything's up for debate in Orlando, including who's making the decisions if Magic ownership is frustrated after what looks like another lottery season. If the mandate is win now, a trade for a veteran such as Dragic-- possibly giving up this year's first-round pick in return, as Orlando did for Serge Ibaka last summer -- is a likely option. -- Pelton

http://www.espn.com/...n-pelton-debate