Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

DX now has us taking Isaac. I'd assume you put him at the 3 next to Gordon. Would make for a solid D lineup.

Isaac just had a workout with Boston. I'm guessing it went really well.

Isaac just had a workout with Boston. I'm guessing it went really well.

Yeah he's shooting up. He's such an interesting prospect.

I dislike being at 6. I hate the idea that we have to wait for leftovers.

Yeah he's shooting up. He's such an interesting prospect.

I dislike being at 6. I hate the idea that we have to wait for leftovers.

I'd be so disappointed if we drafted Isaac.

I'd get over it quickly. because he's exactly what we need next to Gordon. But it'd just be another missed opportunity.

I'd be so disappointed if we drafted Isaac.

I'd get over it quickly. because he's exactly what we need next to Gordon. But it'd just be another missed opportunity.

Why because we missed out on DSJ?

I think he goes before us. There's just too much stuff out there that says he's a top 5, heck top 3 even, pick.

I think Ball dropping is very possible and I'm not quite a believer in Fox or Tatum.

Plus trades are very likely involving teams picking before us.

That will change a lot.

I really would feel a lot more comfortable sitting at that 3 spot.

Why because we missed out on DSJ?

I think he goes before us. There's just too much stuff out there that says he's a top 5, heck top 3 even, pick.

I think Ball dropping is very possible and I'm not quite a believer in Fox or Tatum.

Plus trades are very likely involving teams picking before us.

That will change a lot.

I really would feel a lot more comfortable sitting at that 3 spot.

I don't like tatum.

I feel better taking a risk on Tatum than draft a guy who is only solid at 6. Or Monk. or Fox.

I don't think Isaac will be better than Gordon. We're just ending up in the same predicament all over again. Next year we'll draft 10th and get a Justin Patton analogous player. Then we'll get a little better the following year and be the last team in the lottery or the last team in the playoffs.

We'll be Detroit. Land of the interesting pieces that everyone wants on their team but collectively take you nowhere.

I want us to swing for the fences. I'd rather us pursue guys with star but high bust potential than safe, interesting, lower ceiling guys.

I don't like tatum.

I feel better taking a risk on Tatum than draft a guy who is only solid at 6. Or Monk. or Fox.

I don't think Isaac will be better than Gordon. We're just ending up in the same predicament all over again. Next year we'll draft 10th and get a Justin Patton analogous player. Then we'll get a little better the following year and be the last team in the lottery or the last team in the playoffs.

We'll be Detroit. Land of the interesting pieces that everyone wants on their team but collectively take you nowhere.

I want us to swing for the fences. I'd rather us pursue guys with star but high bust potential than safe, interesting, lower ceiling guys.

Isaac is projected to be an better offensive player than Gordon is he not?

I'm with you in that last paragraph but I think with the new CBA and in such a deep draft, teams are really doing their homework.

If the draft was today I think the top 5 goes, with no trades of course:

Fultz

Smith

Jackson

Tatum

Fox

LA could take Fox but I think Magic/Walton goes with a guy who has the better track record of offensive output and a guy who creates noise for LA again. Smith/Russell/Ingram/Randle would be dynamic and maybe entice PG to sign. Then you have Smith/Russell/PG/Ingram.

Sick.

That leaves us with Monk and Isaac and Ball. I think Ball can drop hard. Who knows, maybe Sacramento takes him instead of Fox but I'm very weary of Fox. I like his personality but I'm not buying the Wall comps. Athletic wise sure but skill wise, I'm just not buying it.

Ball has court vision and a 3 point shot but he lacks so much in other areas.

In this case, I like Monk over Isaac but Isaac has much potential going for him. With his length too, just makes him such an intriguing prospect.

Isaac is projected to be an better offensive player than Gordon is he not?

I'm with you in that last paragraph but I think with the new CBA and in such a deep draft, teams are really doing their homework.

If the draft was today I think the top 5 goes, with no trades of course:

Fultz

Smith

Jackson

Tatum

Fox

LA could take Fox but I think Magic/Walton goes with a guy who has the better track record of offensive output and a guy who creates noise for LA again. Smith/Russell/Ingram/Randle would be dynamic and maybe entice PG to sign. Then you have Smith/Russell/PG/Ingram.

Sick.

That leaves us with Monk and Isaac and Ball. I think Ball can drop hard. Who knows, maybe Sacramento takes him instead of Fox but I'm very weary of Fox. I like his personality but I'm not buying the Wall comps. Athletic wise sure but skill wise, I'm just not buying it.

Ball has court vision and a 3 point shot but he lacks so much in other areas.

In this case, I like Monk over Isaac but Isaac has much potential going for him. With his length too, just makes him such an intriguing prospect.

Isaac is supposed to be a more skilled offensive player than Gordon. That doesn't mean better/more offense. There's a really good chance Isaac is Harrison Barnes.

Isaac is supposed to be a more skilled offensive player than Gordon. That doesn't mean better/more offense. There's a really good chance Isaac is Harrison Barnes.

Maybe but I'm not personally buying it.

Isaac has a lot more defensive output to his game.

You factor in that length too, just makes comparing him to

Barnes kinda silly.

I don't like the Shard comps either. Isaac seems more versatile offensively to me.

At our position, the best idea is to grab the guy with the biggest potential. Even "sure bets" in the draft can bust.

Question for everyone- it is looking like Portland might be trying to get some of their bad contracts off of their books and might be willing to trade draft picks to facilitate it. Do you think there is any combination of picks/ big contracts that both teams would be willing to do? Would it be worth it?

Draft picks:

2017- 15, 20, 26

2018- 1st round draft pick

2019- 1st round, 2nd round

2020- 1st round

2021- 1st round, 2 2nd round

Players (contracts in the millions starting season 17-18):

Turner: $17.1, $17.7, 18.6

Crabbe: $18.5, $19.3, $18.5 (player option)

Leonard: $9.9, $10.6, $11.2

Harkless: $9.7, $10.4, $11.3

Aminu: $7.3, $7