Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Spot just screams Dennis Smith Jr to me. Who isn't a fav of mine. Can't imagine Monk falling past Sac. That one position slip is going to hurt.

What's not to like?

Jay, asking this sincerely. Do we think Lloyd had minimal input on the talent Henny went with over the years?

I'm just not sold on a guy that's been around this mess for the time Lloyd has.

Apparently he was the guy who convinced Chicago to take butler and Gibson so

Philly jumped to the top 3 because of a pick swap, they're entitled to the Lakers' 2018 unprotected and the Kings' 2019 unprotected

Hinkie's firing was complete BS.

Hinkle for GM... If youre going to suck at least let it be intended.

Jay, asking this sincerely. Do we think Lloyd had minimal input on the talent Henny went with over the years?

I'm just not sold on a guy that's been around this mess for the time Lloyd has.

I would probably say no... but maybe Henny had the final say.

To be fair our picks in my opinion couldn't have been much better considering where we picked.

I am a believer in AG big-time.

The jury for me is still out till next season.

I am a optimist lol

Looking at who Lloyd took with the Bulls in his time there. The Noah, Gibson and Butler pick especially was great.

I would be willing to give him GM job.

We traded a player on a one year deal with no leverage who said he only wanted to play for one team.

thats not correct...the Nets had a solid package (relative to LA) with multiple first round picks (see Danny Ainges haul) and Lopez (who we could have moved...and should have). Golden State offered Klay Thompson and any other player not named Curry (likely Draymond Green) regardless of if Dwight would say he would stay. There were probably some other deals out there which may have been permutations of the above with the Lakers and Nets we didnt hear of too.

We failed in trade and in the year prior to the trade failed to assess/trade our best asset. We knew it was coming and acted stupid for two years instead of moving him when we had more leverage.

I would probably say no... but maybe Henny had the final say.

To be fair our picks in my opinion couldn't have been much better considering where we picked.

I am a believer in AG big-time.

The jury for me is still out till next season.

I am a optimist lol

Looking at who Lloyd took with the Bulls in his time there. The Noah, Gibson and Butler pick especially was great.

I would be willing to give him GM job.

Fair by me.

Doesn't appear anyone else is exactly jumping at the job anyway.

Matt Lloyd, the Magic’s interim general manager, said the team likely will consider a “hefty” number of players at No. 6.

“It’s been widely reported, and it’s pretty accurate, that the draft pool is deep,” Lloyd said. “So now it’s on us to be able to parse through all those names and all the data that we’ve collected and add to that data and come out with the right outcome.”

Matt Lloyd for me is the man i want picking them picks for us for sure..

The Bulls had an enormous amount of success in drafting college players with Lloyd taking helm of the ship. From 2007 to 2011, here were some of the Bulls' picks under Lloyd:

Joakim Noah (9th)

Derrick Rose (1st)

Taj Gibson (26th)

James Johnson (16th)

Jimmy Butler (30th)

I've said early on that I thought Lloyd should be the guy. I think it was after an article about his relationship with current players. I'd like to keep him around and bring in a POB.

I'd be thrilled if we grab Smith or Monk. Those are my hopes.

Orlando entered Tuesday with an 8.8 percent chance of winning the top pick, 9.7 percent odds of obtaining the second pick and a 10.7 percent probability of receiving the third pick.

The Magic had a 26.2 percent chance of obtaining the fifth pick and a 36.0 percent chance of receiving the sixth pick.

The most likely outcome — netting the sixth pick — transpired.

Lloyd resorted to gallows humor as he tried to find a positive.

“My faith in math is renewed, because that was the highest-percentage outcome,” Lloyd said. “I’m not discouraged at all. I know the work that our staff has done to this point, and we’re just going to have faith in that work, and it’s going to yield a positive result.”