Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Admittedly I haven't followed Lauri Markkanen's college career that much, but his shot and agility for someone his size will be of great value for some NBA team out there. Unfortunately we're set at PF with Gordon so we shouldn't get him

no way.

shawn Marion maybe (which seems like the go-to answer for these types of guys) but not Garnett.

He's more in the Harrison barnes, rashard lewis, jae crowder forward spectrum. Whereas Anthony Davis and Porzingis are more in the KG type spectrum.

Yes, Isaac played like those perimeter guys in college, but I think he was misused. Also his interior defense is strong. I'm very curious to see if he can channel an inner alpha dog in the pros.

Josh Jackson Best Case Scenario: Tracy McGrady, Andre Iguodala, Aaron Gordon

One of these things is not like the other one, one of these things just doesn't belong

Yeah, McGrady doesn't belong

I'm incredibly pumped for the lottery. Probably more than I am for the Eastern Conference Finals

I am probably skipping most of the games until the championship series. I will stick with Hockey instead until then. The games and series have been much closer and much more interesting.

remember tonight. top 3 is nice but we're really ok as long as we don't end up picking 7th. And even then we might be fine but that would just be pretty ****ty to be stuck with a guy who might be our last choice in that group of good players. Ideally we're number 1 but 5 is good. We're in a great position at 5.

While I would love for us to get the first pick, this guy is crazy. Monk is not going top 5, Diallo is not going top 10, and Kennard is not going top 12.

monk might go top 5. but yeah to the other two.

remember tonight. top 3 is nice but we're really ok as long as we don't end up picking 7th. And even then we might be fine but that would just be pretty ****ty to be stuck with a guy who might be our last choice in that group of good players. Ideally we're number 1 but 5 is good. We're in a great position at 5.

I'd be ecstatic if the Lakers lost their pick. Not too worried about where we draft

DeAaron Fox!!! Hope this guy lands with us!!

I see Monk as a bench player, and I'd hate to waste a top 5 pick on him when we have a whole roster full of guys best suited to come off the bench.

Monk is undersized at the shooting guard position. He only stands 6-foot-3 with a 6-foot-6 wingspan. He isn’t great at absorbing contact well when attacking bigs because of how small he is. Instead of going to the rim he settles for runners.

His small frame not only impacts his offensive tools but also his impact on the defensive end. He lacks the size to contain most shooting guards and at times bigger point guards.

His small size gives guards the ability to shoot over him and the ability to get to the rim because he doesn’t have the size and length to bother them.

While being great at creating his own shot, Monk is an average ball handler. He utilizes basic crossovers and struggles when being pressured while having the ball.

Monk can make the basic play but he does not have point guard skill.

Monks ability to be able to score at will would make him a great complimentary piece for the Timberwolves, but he is the type of player who can shoot you in and out of games.

He’s also very predictable as well. He likes to go left but when defenses force him to go right he tends to struggle.

https://dunkingwithw...g-malik-monk/5/

I see Monk as a bench player, and I'd hate to waste a top 5 pick on him when we have a whole roster full of guys best suited to come off the bench.

[/size]

https://dunkingwithw...g-malik-monk/5/

maybe. But not a whole lot of guys drop 47 on a team that goes on to win the national championship. Are the people criticizing monk just overthinking things?

are volume three point shooters more valuable today? Monk made 104 threes in 38 games. for comparison, last year Fournier made 128 threes in 68 games.

or maybe the other side is overthinking things. overvaluing the three point shot at the expense of other categories.