Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Swing for the fences or don't swing at all. IMHO. This team needs the highest ceiling players since we have none right now.

By that method we should go after monk, smith, or fox.

Also, i think isaac is the much safer pick. There's limited bust factor for him

If i had to pick one guy to be in the nba in 12 years outside of fultz its isaac. Guys with his build - defense - shooting don't fail.

But if you're going to swing for the fences, and we should, do you go after the meek player who fit in? Or the guy who dropped 39 on ucla and shut down the presumed #2 pick? Or the guy who dropped 47 on the national champs? Or the guy who dominated the acc tournament?

If i had to pick one guy to be in the nba in 12 years outside of fultz its isaac. Guys with his build - defense - shooting don't fail.

But if you're going to swing for the fences, and we should, do you go after the meek player who fit in? Or the guy who dropped 39 on ucla and shut down the presumed #2 pick? Or the guy who dropped 47 on the national champs? Or the guy who dominated the acc tournament?

47...Damn...There's a big part of me that wants us to draft him and watch him drop buckets on everyone.

Im sorry, but who is who?

Im sorry, but who is who?

Tatum is the guy who dominated in the ACC tourney, Monk dropped 47 on the Tar Heels, Fox dropped 39 on UCLA and shut down Ball.

Monk or Isaac. Isaac is higher risk but higher reward. He didn't get much, if any, offensive coaching under Hamilton. Swing for the fences.

I still don't know how people are coming up with Isaac as a high risk/reward guy. He's an extremely safe pick with a ceiling that's lower than the other picks.

Monk is a high risk/reward guy. There are objective signs that suggest he's going to be awesome. But you run the risk of him being a bench shooter if he's too small to defend twos. What if he's just Randy Foye?

Fox is a high risk/reward guy. He could be westbrook. he could be payton.

Isaac has a really narrow career projection. Its somewhere between Quentin Richardson on the low end. Ariza/Harrison Barnes in the middle. Luol Deng on the upper end (if deng had his 07-11 shooting numbers for most of his career). The odds of him reaching the Durant/George/Kawhi area are about as high as him becoming the next Anthony Randolph/Donte Green. That is to say, they're both outlier scenarios so why bank on that?

Too much Issac love on this board. Has to be the FSU influence.

I hate FSU with the fire of a thousand suns. I like a 6'11" guy that can move and shoot like he does on a team that 1) Cant defend anyone outside of Gordon 2) Cant shoot