Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I love Fox. I see a lot of John Wall in him. Compared to EP, I think he's much faster, has a much better looking and hopeful shot, plays much better defense, plays more consistently, and displays superior leadership traits. People dog his shot but he made 73% of his free throws, which is a solid sign. And comparing the two as freshman, it's not even close. I think Fox can be very special, and I think he proved as the year went on that he's hungry to prove it.

depends on if we think poor shooting is an invalidator going forward. I'm not all that sure. I think we need to plan for a scenario where fox is never a good shooter. Can he survive that? With his defense and athleticism that answer might be yes.

its not so much fox vs EP. its fox vs smith vs EP and also fox and ___ vs EP and Tatum or EP and Monk

Given how far we have to go to become relevant, if we draft a PG early, I really hope we work to flip EP, Fournier, or Vooch plus our 25th pick to Sacramento for 8 or 10 and snag Isaac. #dreamscenario

sacramento isn't going to be shopping for vets.

if we're going to move up I think Charlotte is the best we're going to be able to do unless the knicks decide to do something crazy.

its not so much fox vs EP. its fox vs smith vs EP and also fox and ___ vs EP and Tatum or EP and Monk

Agree. I think I like Tatum over Fox, Monk and Smith, but I would be happy with any of them.

Agree. I think I like Tatum over Fox, Monk and Smith, but I would be happy with any of them.

I like DSJ but it's sorta hard to differentiate in the 4/5/6 range. In that scenario do you draft for position since BPA is sort of indiscernible?

I'm a no to Fox simply because we haven't been able to teach any of these kids that can't shoot that we've drafted how to shoot yet. Then again, Mario was a shooter and we taught him how to not be able to shoot...

I'm a no to Fox simply because we haven't been able to teach any of these kids that can't shoot that we've drafted how to shoot yet. Then again, Mario was a shooter and we taught him how to not be able to shoot...

That's a hard skill ;) lol

We should probably fire our shooting coach

I still think Philly goes Monk and we'll end up with Tatum if we pick at 5.

Monk makes way to much sense in Philly with Simmons playing point forward. I really don't think they would go Tatum unless they just absolutely love him as a player because he's not a good fit at all and I think Philly is, dare I say--close to settling in on a starting lineup they can grow with.

I think you could make the argument for Smith Jr or Fox for Philly as well, but I don't see Fox as being a good fit. Smith Jr makes more sense than Fox but Monk is ideal.

So for me, unless the lottery loves/hates us:

1)Fultz

2)Jackson

3)Ball

4)Monk

We're picking between Tatum/SmithJR/Fox. I do not envy the GM that has to make that choice. Though there might not be a "wrong" pick on draft night between those 3--the odds are 1 of those guys will be perennial all star, 1 a fringe all star, and one just an average player.

Maybe they all 3 end up great but that's just not likely.

I'd go: Tatum out of those 3. Smith JR is a close second though. I like Fox and think he has some John Wall in him too but he's slightly behind Smith Jr for me despite where most mocks have him going.