Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

That's the kind of video that makes you really want a guy here. Seems like a nice kid, down to earth, but HUNGRY. I love that he got cut from his varsity team as a sophomore, then came back to be the beast he is. That's the kind of drive this team needs, that realization that failure doesn't have to define you.

That's the kind of video that makes you really want a guy here. Seems like a nice kid, down to earth, but HUNGRY. I love that he got cut from his varsity team as a sophomore, then came back to be the beast he is. That's the kind of drive this team needs, that realization that failure doesn't have to define you.

helps that he grew like 7 inches.

But yeah. I like that. I like the fact college scouts found themselves at a Dematha JV game and said "oh, we need to offer this kid now before he blows up. he's going to be a future All Star". I like the fact he's been training with guys like Durant, oladipo and other Baltimore NBA players for years. shows the gap between where he is now and where he needs to be to succeed. I like the fact he comes from a grounded household with a strong mother and older sister.

He just seems like a good kid. The family seems like a good family.

I don't know if it means anything in regards to basketball. You can probably argue he'd be better off with that "ultra competitive to the point of mental illness" chip that Jordan has. And Its not like I wouldn't want to draft him if he was some brash jerk that fed off every perceived slight.

But purely from like a humanities/sociology setting it's nice to see a kid/family on the precipice of wealth and fame and whatever else comes from having a year or more of headlines and interest about your name and still maintain a level of normalcy and genuineness (probably a better word for that). I like that. its nice to see.

Would you guys trade our first two rounders and maybe something else to 1 to get Fultz?! I definitely would

I'd trade both 1st rounders, both 2nd rounders, Fournier, Vuc and Mario for Fultz and not even flinch.