Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I like him, but not at 5.

Same. After Fultz/Jackson/Ball/Tatum/SmithJr/Monk/Fox than you could make a case for Issac. I'd still go Markennan though but would not be mad with Issac there. Both players have their question marks.

For me Issac just doesn't have the upside of a top 5 pick. I think it was PFTW that compared him to a Wilson Chandler type player and I think that's about his upside. I just think the other players mentioned have higher ceilings at 5.

Same. After Fultz/Jackson/Ball/Tatum/SmithJr/Monk/Fox than you could make a case for Issac. I'd still go Markennan though but would not be mad with Issac there. Both players have their question marks.

For me Issac just doesn't have the upside of a top 5 pick. I think it was PFTW that compared him to a Wilson Chandler type player and I think that's about his upside. I just think the other players mentioned have higher ceilings at 5.

Really? I dunno about that Chandler comp.

Really? I dunno about that Chandler comp.

I like this short summary of Issac:

"At 6-11 with a 7-1 wingspan, Isaac is a legitimate two-way forward. Most of his production came through the flow of Florida State's offense, but he also proved to be nimble and a serious threat in transition. Even if he does not become a go-to guy offensively, he still projects as an effective rotation player"

-Newsday.com (Ali Kramer)

These are pretty much my thoughts exactly on Issac. I think Monk/Fox/SmithJR have more individual star potential. It's not really a knock on Issac just I think other players at 5 have more upside.

I like this short summary of Issac:

"At 6-11 with a 7-1 wingspan, Isaac is a legitimate two-way forward. Most of his production came through the flow of Florida State's offense, but he also proved to be nimble and a serious threat in transition. Even if he does not become a go-to guy offensively, he still projects as an effective rotation player"

-Newsday.com (Ali Kramer)

These are pretty much my thoughts exactly on Issac. I think Monk/Fox/SmithJR have more individual star potential. It's not really a knock on Issac just I think other players at 5 have more upside.

The questions around his capability to be a go to guy stems from his lack of role due to Hamilton right?

When I watch clips of him, and I know they're just clips, he fascinates me. He has a crossover. A quick first step for his size. A step back. Can pull up on smaller defenders. I just wonder if he's this drafts DHoward. I mean that as he might be the one with the highest ceiling and actually get to that over everyone else who had bigger roles.

I can't wait to hear about him in workouts.

The questions around his capability to be a go to guy stems from his lack of role due to Hamilton right?

When I watch clips of him, and I know they're just clips, he fascinates me. He has a crossover. A quick first step for his size. A step back. Can pull up on smaller defenders. I just wonder if he's this drafts DHoward. I mean that as he might be the one with the highest ceiling and actually get to that over everyone else who had bigger roles.

I can't wait to hear about him in workouts.

I admittedly watched little to none (other then some ACC tourney and NCAA tourney) Florida State basketball so I don't know about the Hamilton thing.

He's intriguing for sure, I just see him as a good role player. I could be wrong.

I will say though, if Rob was still here I would fully have expected us to draft him. He just fits everything that Rob always seemed to draft. Versatile, good athlete, raw but high ceiling--right up Rob's alley.

At 5 I'm just hoping the team at 4 is desperate for a guard and like Monk/Fox over Tatum.

If Tatum is not on the board I like Monk/DSJ or maybe Isaac

I admittedly watched little to none (other then some ACC tourney and NCAA tourney) Florida State basketball so I don't know about the Hamilton thing.

He's intriguing for sure, I just see him as a good role player. I could be wrong.

I will say though, if Rob was still here I would fully have expected us to draft him. He just fits everything that Rob always seemed to draft. Versatile, good athlete, raw but high ceiling--right up Rob's alley.

Yea he but he looks to have an advanced offensive game just hasn't been put to use.

At 5 I'm just hoping the team at 4 is desperate for a guard and like Monk/Fox over Tatum.

If Philly picks at 4, they're going to have to think long and hard about BPA vs fit because they need a guard much worse than another forward. It could be that Monk/Fox/DSJ happen to be best fit & BPA to them.

Tatum just complicates their front-court. They're locked in with Embid/Saric/Simmons, Tatum just isn't a good fit there. One of those guards just make so much more sense for them. Now is Philly to the point where they're actually drafting for fit? Who the hell knows but a lineup consisting of Fox/Simmons/Saric/Embid is pretty damn nice.

That's why I really hope we stay at 5 because I think Tatum could legitimately be there. (That's also why I was so upset over the Detroit game but that's in the past).

I like at 5, Monk, DSJ, and maybe Isaac pending on workouts.

Fox I'm a little iffy about.

Yea he but he looks to have an advanced offensive game just hasn't been put to use.

He doesn't really create his own shot a lot with his thin frame as he gets knocked off balance really eaisly. I think he will become more of a jump shooter than anything as he doesn't seem to really like contact. Some Rashard Lewis there.