Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Fournier is not a 2 it's not his best position. Payton-Ross-Fournier-Tatum-AG would be our fun lineup. Or just trade AG probably our best asset.

If we truly believe Fournier is best at 3 we should make it a point to get rid of him. Because he's really really bad at defending threes and there's enough good threes out there where that would be a problem.

Draft Tatum he can score and defend and trade Fournier or play him with the second unit.

We might not be able to. We might've won away the chance to draft him.

If we truly believe Fournier is best at 3 we should make it a point to get rid of him. Because he's really really bad at defending threes and there's enough good threes out there where that would be a problem.

Correct

What about Thornwell from SC? He will surely be gone by the time our Toronto pick rolls around but this team really needs scoring an D.

What about Thornwell from SC? He will surely be gone by the time our Toronto pick rolls around but this team really needs scoring an D.

he's currently projected to go 48th.

I think we can get him with our second rounder.

He very well could/should be on the board for our late first. Not sure he projects as an NBA starter due to not being able to create his own shot, but he might become a nice 2 way player off the bench that brings good toughness.

miles bridges is returning so that's one less PF prospect for us to look at it.

Smart move by him. Should be a top 5-7 pick next year. That's a lot more guaranteed money verses going around 15 in this stacked class. But yes, he's one of those guys I would have liked to look at if we could trade back up in the draft.

I've been saying this for a while. It's why I was upset we chose him over Dipo. I like Fournier, but he's not a starter. He's a really, really good bench player, like Elf. Sad thing is, we probably have the best bench unit in the league...as our starting lineup.

• Upvote 1

I've been saying this for a while. It's why I was upset we chose him over Dipo. I like Fournier, but he's not a starter. He's a really, really good bench player, like Elf. Sad thing is, we probably have the best bench unit in the league...as our starting lineup.

I liked Dipo too.

Martins made an comment how we have pieces that could help can contend. Those pieces he said weren't necessarily starters. That would be Evan.

I liked Dipo too.

Martins made an comment how we have pieces that could help can contend. Those pieces he said weren't necessarily starters. That would be Evan.

And Payton. I honestly think Payton is the prototypical backup PG to run a second unit. Just bring him in with a bunch of shooters to abuse lesser PGs for five minutes, then pull him before he gets bored again.

Now, I doubt he'd ever go for that... but it would be awesome to watch.