Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Not to be a debbie downer, but I don't see us turning much around next season. No one wanted to trade for Vuc this year, and I feel like we might keep the same starting 5.

That won't take us anywhere, quite frankly.

Smith Jr is my guy if we don't jump to the top 3

Smith Jr is still my guy outside of Fultz, ball, Jackson and Tatum.

Don't watch enough college ball but I want the best pure scorcer + jumpshooter. Dont care about anything else.

So Monk.

If we stay at 5 it won't be that bad, it's more if we drop a couple spots.

Smith Jr is still my guy outside of Fultz, ball, Jackson and Tatum.

So Monk.

If we stay at 5 it won't be that bad, it's more if we drop a couple spots.

Smith Jr, Monk, and Isaac.

Hopefully we aren't choosing between Ntilikina and Markkanen.

Smith Jr, Monk, and Isaac.

Hopefully we aren't choosing between Ntilikina and Markkanen.

If we drop to 8 we will be.

nah, if we fall to 8 one of the following will be there

fultz

ball

Jackson

tatum

monk

smith

fox

Isaac

I like Markennan over Issac but I very well might be completely wrong on that.

To me Issac, frank and Markennan come with a little more risk than the other 7. I wish we knew more about Frank. I would not be against drafting Issac at 5 or 6, then packaging something to move back up to the 12-15 range and grab Frank if he is available.

I like Markennan over Issac but I very well might be completely wrong on that.

To me Issac, frank and Markennan come with a little more risk than the other 7. I wish we knew more about Frank. I would not be against drafting Issac at 5 or 6, then packaging something to move back up to the 12-15 range and grab Frank.

I still stand by the fact that Markkanen is better suited to be a weapon on a good team vs a major piece on a bad team. He needs space and is kinda one dimensional. If he goes to Minnesota I think we're going to see a story about how Markkanen should have been a top 5 pick because he'll just get constant open threes playing with Rubio, wiggins, and Towns. If he goes to sacramento I think he's going to have a harder time adjusting.

Isaac has skills to be better it just isn't fair to say he's a good bet to be great. but for this team you can at least say he's a skilled combo forward that fits what we want next to Gordon. It's just hard to spend an entire year with the draft as our salvation only to end up with something probably near Wilson Chandler.

I still stand by the fact that Markkanen is better suited to be a weapon on a good team vs a major piece on a bad team. He needs space and is kinda one dimensional. If he goes to Minnesota I think we're going to see a story about how Markkanen should have been a top 5 pick because he'll just get constant open threes playing with Rubio, wiggins, and Towns. If he goes to sacramento I think he's going to have a harder time adjusting.

Isaac has skills to be better it just isn't fair to say he's a good bet to be great. but for this team you can at least say he's a skilled combo forward that fits what we want next to Gordon. It's just hard to spend an entire year with the draft as our salvation only to end up with something probably near Wilson Chandler.

To the last paragraph--exactly.

I was thinking back, and it's absolutely insane for how bad we've been the past 5 years that we've only picked in the top 3 one time. That's insane.

This is just another year where (barring a miracle) we're gonna once again miss out on the super star prospects. It's frustrating. How do we only have AG to show for the past 5 years!? That's a tough pill to swallow.

The people that say they won't cheer for a loss and don't care about lottery odds--they have to realize that's why we're in the postion we are in now. Because we always won a few to many games. Did those 3-5 extra wins help create a winning culture? It's just dumb logic.

I was thinking back, and it's absolutely insane for how bad we've been the past 5 years that we've only picked in the top 3 one time. That's insane.

Yeah, it's really unfortunate... and to add to it, that one draft where we did pick top 3 is one of the worst draft classes in the history of the NBA

• Upvote 1

To the last paragraph--exactly.

This is just another year where (barring a miracle) we're gonna once again miss out on the super star prospects. It's frustrating. How do we only have AG to show for the past 5 years!? That's a tough pill to swallow.

The people that say they won't cheer for a loss and don't care about lottery odds--they have to realize that's why we're in the postion we are in now. Because we always won a few to many games. Did those 3-5 extra wins help create a winning culture? It's just dumb logic.

I will not accept this. The last 5 years have been an absolute wasteland in the lottery. It's been totally random. The last team to get a sure fire, slam dunk prospect still sucks!(Anthony Davis, yeah 6 years ago). We have to do better.

• Upvote 1