Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Sometimes there isn't a deal to be made, let's see how the entire offseason goes.

Otis/Rob is that you....there is always a deal....you just have to find it. In the last 5 years this is the standard comment after we don't do well in trades or the draft.

I just don't see how this pick improved us. Nothing has changed at all, I'm not any more hopeful for our future than when this draft started. We are going into Summer League, training camp, and preseason with nothing to be excited about. Isaac is a bland pick that didn't even want to wear our team's hat and decided to talk about New York when the microphone was handed to him. I don't feel this pick, I didn't want this pick, and I just feel like that next year is just going to be the same lackidasical crap that we keep putting out every year. We had a choice to get two talented scorers and instead opted for a lanky, non-existent offensive player who doesn't fix our biggest glaring weakness. Shooting. This is a guy who averaged only 12 points in college...12 points, barely got playing time, and refused to work out for pretty much the vast majority of teams. This is absurd, it is ridiculous, and this pick has only set us back another damn year. This was the one pick I didn't want, I could have lived with Monk, I could have lived Dennis. Hell I was warming to some of the over-seas products. This is nothing and from the way he just spat in my cornflakes by talking about New York and refusing to wear our team's cap because it would mess up his hair when guys like Jackson put their hat on? I can tell exactly how this crappy pick is going to pan out:

D.O.A.

• Upvote 1

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress 5m5 minutes ago

More

Dallas is hoping to pair Dennis Smith in a backcourt with free agent Jrue Holiday I'm told.

interesting...

Otis/Rob is that you....there is always a deal....you just have to find it. In the last 5 years this is the standard comment after we don't do well in trades or the draft.

What, do we hold a gun to another GM's head and force a deal? We have nothing valuable enough to land a draft pick in this range unless we deal future picks which most of us would agree is stupid. I'd love to see us make a move, more so to dump some of the veterans on our roster but there's a lot of moves to be made in the coming weeks. Let's not panic because a deal hasn't been made before the lottery picks are done.