Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

the going comparison for this draft is 1999. seen it like 4 places now.

no superstars but great top 10 with only 1 bust.

A bit of an eerie comparison for Isaac fans.

Fingers crossed that Tatum drops to 6. The most polished offensive player in this draft is what we need. I know his defense is suspect, but he and Gordon can play together and switch off.

My wish for next season, whoever we draft, is that we give the kids on this roster playing time and stop with this ridiculous notion that bringing in mediocre vets to take playing time from kids that need to develop is a good thing. The Henny rebuild didn't work, but it is not absurd to think that EP (23), Mario (22), Gordon (21) and whoever we draft this year have their best basketball ahead of them.

every nba pod I've listened to lately has said the equivalent of "Dennis Smith scares teams but he definitely could be the best player in this draft".

we're going to screw this up. I'm not going to make it to Thursday. gonna kill me.

have faith, we're getting both. DSJ getting picked 10th.

Yay, somebody that gets it! It's the freakin' NBA, supposedly the best players in the world, so why would ANY team want somebody that can't shoot? We need to dump all our guys that can't shoot and replace them with guys that can. No more project players please!

westbrook was a project player who couldn't shoot.

so was Kawhi

so was john wall

so was Isaiah Thomas

so was demar derozan

so was jimmy butler

so was Bradley beal

so was Andrew wiggins

so was Giannis

so was Carmelo

so was kyle lowry

so was eric Bledsoe

so was mike conley

so was Wade

just draft the best guy. don't worry about them fitting into a well defined box.

The team (Orlando) has also shown strong interest in Tatum and several players a little lower in the draft, including Luke Kennard (who works out for the Magic on Tuesday) and Donovan Mitchell.

westbrook was a project player who couldn't shoot.

so was Kawhi

so was john wall

so was Isaiah Thomas

so was demar derozan

so was jimmy butler

so was Bradley beal

so was Andrew wiggins

so was Giannis

so was Carmelo

so was kyle lowry

so was eric Bledsoe

so was mike conley

so was Wade

just draft the best guy. don't worry about them fitting into a well defined box.

Yeah I don't like that we have some specifics like 3-D, tall, bigs who can space then floor, etc.

Pick the guy who's the best talent regardless if he's 6'0 or 6'11.

I was asking who you think it might be. I think I know though

if I had to guess I'd guess fox. or ball.

Isaac isn't going to bust. Isaac is going to play 15 years in the nba and be andre kirilenko 2.0.

And you remember what Andre Kirilenko was? An extremely useful swiss army knife starter that everyone loved and was the guy league guys gushed about.

You know what Kirilenko wasn't? a star player on offense. Utah was at it's best when he was the 4th or 5th scoring option and he could just run around and make defensive plays and hit open shots.

That's why im afraid of Isaac. not because of what he is, but because of what he isn't.

if I had to guess I'd guess fox. or ball.

Isaac isn't going to bust. Isaac is going to play 15 years in the nba and be andre kirilenko 2.0.

And you remember what Andre Kirilenko was? An extremely useful swiss army knife starter that everyone loved and was the guy league guys gushed about.

You know what Kirilenko wasn't? a star player on offense. Utah was at it's best when he was the 4th or 5th scoring option and he could just run around and make defensive plays and hit open shots.

That's why im afraid of Isaac. not because of what he is, but because of what he isn't.

Yeah I can see that.

Wouldn't be a bad thing at all but we have absolutely no one we can trust to go out and drop 20+ a game. At some point you have to address that.

That's why I prefer Monk and Smith.

The Orlando Magic's new braintrust of Jeff Weltman and John Hammond has frequently opted for length and size, so either Arizona’s seven-foot sharpshooter Lauri Markkanen or Florida State’s long freshman forward Jonathan Isaac would seem to be in play with the sixth pick.

http://www.nba.com/a...-celtics-lakers

ugh.....