Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

That's great and all, but who the eff is Luke Duffy and why should we listen to a guy writing on a semi-pro website when his writing is immediately terrible?

It's an opinion piece, bro. I found it to be a refreshing contrast from all the love he's been getting on here lately. Personally, I would like either Tatum or Monk.

It's an opinion piece, bro. I found it to be a refreshing contrast from all the love he's been getting on here lately. Personally, I would like either Tatum or Monk.

Sorry, not knocking the premise necessarily or that you agree with that premise. It's all valid until we can look at these things with hindsight later on. I just felt the article was poorly conceived and constructed in and of itself. Sometime I wonder why I go back to that site at all.

Very opinionated. If he had broken it down more or have gone more in depth, it would be more worthwhile. Instead it's "Got injured. Monk shoots .05 percent better. Don't draft him."

Found Luke Duffy lol.

But seriously. The dude has a pretty poorly established argument.

We shouldn't draft smith because it'd be a reach (it won't) monk is better (maybe. But they're different players and he doesn't go into depth about why monk is a better fit) and we don't need a rookie because they take time that the team doesn't have (disagree with this premise. Chicago doesn't have time. We have tons of time.)

• Upvote 1

the fit sucks but the talent is there.

I don't think Evans is an NBA player though. cant finish at the rim. 49%. that's garbage.

if I'm drafting a point guard at 25 I'm going Derrick White even if it's a little bit of a reach. Because if I'm being forced to commit guaranteed money to a guy, I need someone that's going to be useful at least. I have no problem taking evans at 33. because at least you can get him into summer league and training camp to see if he's worth betting on longer term.

the fit sucks but the talent is there.

I don't think Evans is an NBA player though. cant finish at the rim. 49%. that's garbage.

if I'm drafting a point guard at 25 I'm going Derrick White even if it's a little bit of a reach. Because if I'm being forced to commit guaranteed money to a guy, I need someone that's going to be useful at least. I have no problem taking evans at 33. because at least you can get him into summer league and training camp to see if he's worth betting on longer term.

I mean, I am not sure we have the luxury of looking for fit right now- if he is there, he is most likely the most talented player still on the board. You have to take him.

Imagine him and Gordon making opposing players lives hell on defense.

And at 25, do you look for a "safe" pick, or go for the best potential still on the board?

I mean, I am not sure we have the luxury of looking for fit right now- if he is there, he is most likely the most talented player still on the board. You have to take him.

Imagine him and Gordon making opposing players lives hell on defense.

And at 25, do you look for a "safe" pick, or go for the best potential still on the board?

yeah, I mean you have to take him. It's going to be tough though.

at 25 I go for a guy most likely to make the team and be productive as a bench player or a guy you think is worth developing for a few years. Evans is neither though. He's either going to be a solid backup point guard or unplayable.

yeah, I mean you have to take him. It's going to be tough though.

at 25 I go for a guy most likely to make the team and be productive as a bench player or a guy you think is worth developing for a few years. Evans is neither though. He's either going to be a solid backup point guard or unplayable.

I totally overlooked how they had us passing over Smith for JJ.

I think i would be slightly mad.

I totally overlooked how they had us passing over Smith for JJ.

I think i would be slightly mad.

nah. you just end up in a situation that could go extremely well where you have the most athletic, best defensive forwards in the league and we can build a defense around it and Jackson basically develops into Wiggins.

or you end up in a situation where we drafted Justice Winslow. so, great. we have two hyper athletic defensive forwards and a terrible offense.