Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Don't like Fultz..... Ball IMO is the #1 pick.... Celtics should draft him... #1 pick can be had.

Back to the Magic.... wouldn't mind either Kentucky guard or Tatum. Kinda like Isaac but he will probably end up a role player like Aaron Gordon.

Smith Jr reminds me of Steve Francis... maybe it's the red?

We need to get John Lynch to run the draft.

How can you think ball is better than fultz? That makes no sense at all.

How can you think ball is better than fultz? That makes no sense at all.

Call me crazy but I think Ball is slightly overrated. I am not sure if he is even better than Fox or Smith at the PG position.

Fox did outplayed him and his defense is way much better.

Smith is a very intriguing guy that can be as good as fultz or as "bad" as Muday.

The Lakers will make a big mistake by taking Ball over Jackson.

Jackson and tatum are both better options for them at the moment.

Call me crazy but I think Ball is slightly overrated. I am not sure if he is even better than Fox or Smith at the PG position.

Fox did outplayed him and his defense is way much better.

Smith is a very intriguing guy that can be as good as fultz or as "bad" as Muday.

The Lakers will make a big mistake by taking Ball over Jackson.

Jackson and tatum are both better options for them at the moment.

yeah. Ball is either going to be a revolutionary player like a steve nash who catches alley oops or unable to play point guard in the nba because he's relatively slow and cant bring the ball up.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that our team needs consistent shooters. If Mario gets out of his sophormore funk, and we get a solid 3 point shooter, we may end up having a pretty decent team, after all.

Biyombo

Gordon

Mario

Ross

Monk

Is Monk a PG?

The more I think about it, the more I realize that our team needs consistent shooters. If Mario gets out of his sophormore funk, and we get a solid 3 point shooter, we may end up having a pretty decent team, after all.

Biyombo

Gordon

Mario

Ross

Monk

Is Monk a PG?

no. monk is not a point guard. Monk is Ben Gordon.

Monk has enough handles to bring up the ball and initiate the offense. He can be an emergency point guard if you have weird injuries that leave you with no point guards. But like Fournier he's not really capable of creating shots for others.

Biyombo

Gordon

Mario

Ross

Monk

Is Monk a PG?

Think of Monk as a 6'3 uber athletic JJ Redick.

Think of Monk as a 6'3 uber athletic JJ Redick.

eh. not really. I mean yes. but he's different.

Redick is more of an off ball court spacer. and I think redick is a better passer than monk.

Monk, if things translate well, is someone you could run your whole offense through. He gets a lot of shots off ball but also does well shooting off dribble too. and he's explosive enough to attack the rim.

eh. not really. I mean yes. but he's different.

Redick is more of an off ball court spacer. and I think redick is a better passer than monk.

Monk, if things translate well, is someone you could run your whole offense through. He gets a lot of shots off ball but also does well shooting off dribble too. and he's explosive enough to attack the rim.

Yeah I was rethinking that just now.

JJ has done a tremendous job improving his off the dribble shot though.

How far away is Monk to Ray Allen?

Yeah I was rethinking that just now.

JJ has done a tremendous job improving his off the dribble shot though.

How far away is Monk to Ray Allen?

Hard to say. Early Ray Allen was really really good. I imagine best case scenario monk would be near that but i hate discussing players based on best case scenarios.

I think a really optimistic, achievable scenario for monk is Michael Redd

If we are set on Gordon and Mario, then we shouldn't focus on the SF or PF position, same can be said at C... but I know a lot of people are not sold on Vuc.

From what Mario has shown us the 1st 2 years we should ignore the fact that we even have him on the team when we draft and sign FAs. As much as I would love for Mario to be the great shooter that we all hoped he would be, so far other than a few flashes of potential he has been a bust with a capital B. IMO unless he GREATLY improves over the summer it's time to let him be someone else's experiment and get what we can for him.

If we are riding with EP then we need reliable shooters at the 2-5 and if we are riding with Vuc we need strong D at the 1-4 positions to compensate both of their weaknesses.

Sometimes I have to wonder if Payton didn't have that awning hanging over his eyes if his court vision and shooting would get a lot better. I'm all for a person's right to express themselves but it's like wearing a ball cap with an over-sized, turned down bill on it. I can't imagine being able to see through that, LOL

• Upvote 1

I really think we need to keep AG as our ace and draw 4 new cards to be starters with him

nah, we just need to, for better or worse, draft a guy we can plan to run the offense around. We need to find that guy, make him our north star, then use him to navigate these next few years. if we can at least check that box on our "building a team" checklist it makes everything else a whole lot easier.

That's why I don't want Isaac. Sure he fits next to Gordon. but we'd basically be sitting here treading water with a decent team and no hope for the future.

1. Draft smith or monk or tatum who all have some sort of upside as number one options on offense.

2. figure out what current pieces fit with that guy.

3. trade pieces that don't fit for pieces that do.

with a good offensive player to build around we can start actually building a team instead of constantly looking for undervalued talent then cashing in that talent when we run out of time.