Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I'd take a Fox/Smith/Monk and Tatum/Isaac sandwich please. We need to reboot this team with fresh young players with loads of potential.

We don't have what they're looking for

I'd take a Fox/Smith/Monk and Tatum/Isaac sandwich please. We need to reboot this team with fresh young players with loads of potential.

I like Fox but he reminds me so much of Elfrid Payton

Payton.. Evan and 25th for 5th or 7th hahaha

Yep. That was the reaction of most when Boggie trades were discussed, yet they did it for less. I did read somewhere Those teams were looking to trade away their picks. Maybe it was Sacramento 2nd first round pick.

I figured we can offer something like our second first round pick, Payton, Fournier and future first round for their pick and bad salary back.

Yep. That was the reaction of most when Boggie trades were discussed, yet they did it for less. I did read somewhere Those teams were looking to trade away their picks. Maybe it was Sacramento 2nd first round pick.

I figured we can offer something like our second first round pick, Payton, Fournier and future first round for their pick and bad salary back.

The 3rd pick isn't a bad teammate that's due for a 160 million contract

We might, MIGHT, be able to swing a deal for a 8-12 pick as I could see new York doing something like 25, Fournier and vucevic for 8 noah and lee. I could see charlotte and Detroit not wanting another rookie.

I actually think that's a much better deal for NY lol. Two solid starters and a possible rotation player for a guy with lots of health issues and Lee. Who would you draft Isaac?

I like Smith, Issac, and Monk.

I have a bad feeling Smith won't be there when we pick.

If he is not there that would mean someone would fall to us.

I really want Smith Jr. on this team.

Yeah dude is a stud too. It's funny cause I remember back in like January we were thinking if we fell out of the top four we weren't going to be able to get him. Now it's looking like he'll be there for us at #6 with Fox on the rise.

A few months ago sixth pick looked like a bad spot but it's looking pretty good now. In my opinion I feel like the top four will be Fultz, Ball, Jackson and Fox then it becomes really interesting after that with Smith, Tatum, Isaac, and Monk still on the board. Out of those four I think Isaac has the most upside but the other three can score really well.

If there was a shopping list for the Magic, everything Dennis Smith possesses would be on that list. He fits the bill and could ease right into the lineup. However, he's not perfect. There are a few concerns that could use an alert. While Smith is a capable shooter, it could use some work without a doubt. Especially his free throw shooting, which was only 71.5 percent in his first college season. Smith could also be a little too relaxed on defense at times. Although, the one thing that could be the most concerning is his previous ACL injury. It was back in his high school days, but it's still something you hope doesn't come back to bite in the future.

Regardless of his weaknesses he still has an All-Star caliber profile. A few days ago, Orlando actually had a workout session with him. His NC State squad actually didn't do that well, as they had a 16-17 record. Here's what Smith had to say about that.

“I learned how to bounce back after a loss,” Smith told
. “That was my first losing season ever since I started playing basketball. I know you are not going to win every game, especially in an 82-game season. I think last year was a great experience for me.”

He's also said he's not afraid to back down from anybody, so right off the bat, he's got the right attitude and mentality. The Magic want players who can build a good culture, and Smith seems to be just that. There's going to be plenty more workouts and interviews Orlando will do, to make sure they won't waste their sixth pick. Nevertheless, Dennis Smith should be on their radar for a better future.

https://hashtagbaske...dennis-smith-jr

And then there's this....

Jordan Schultz ✔ @Schultz_Report

Spoke w/an NBA front office guy on biggest bust potential of the upper tier prospects. Named two players: Malik Monk and Dennis Smith, Jr.

Last Monk note: 1.271 PPP on guarded half court catch & shoot poss. Insane ability w/ quick/high release at his size to shoot over contests

That's ridiculously good