Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Should I bring in Sean Spicer to clear up my conspiracy theory?

you're ignoring all evidence for the sake of a widespread conspiracy that would include the cooperation and ongoing secrecy of hundreds if not thousands of people that is ongoing over decades.

• Upvote 1

what would stop Donald Sterling from holding his ownership of the clippers ransom with that information? Whats the incentive for the Maloofs to comply with ongoing secrecy?

To the conspiracy theorists, there's something you're forgetting:

1) Millionaire, youth, branding -- would that player advance his brand living in Charlotte/Orlando or LA/New York/Miami?

2) San Antonio Spurs

3) Dallas Mavericks

4) We've had our share of #1 luck

5) San Antonio Spurs (again)

There's no conspiracy ya'll. Lakers have sucked since Kobe left. Boston has a crafty GM. Cleveland (smaller city) won the 'ship last year. Golden State ain't LA/Boston.

I also mentioned that it was set up perfectly for Lebron to be able to come back as a free agent to create a big 3. If Cleveland didn't jump into the # 1 spot that year would they have Lebron right now?

To your 2nd question maybe it was rigged for us... Brand new franchise trying to get a footing in the league sounds plausible to me.

You're not the only one man I'm with you. I don't think it goes as far back as when we picked Shaq but it does go back a few years. I truly believe when Lebron left Cleveland it was all setup for him to make a comeback. Timberwolves help out the Cavs with Love so they get rewarded with two first round picks. The Cavs get rewarded by losing Lebron so they get two first round picks. I believe it was all part of the NBA'S plan. I hear it alot in Vegas with friends who work at the sports book. Football games are even rigged. I've learned that living in Nevada and I bet carefully and 90% of the time I walk away a winner.

also, they don't do the drawing live because that would be anti-climactic. They have to draw the the number 1 pick first and that doesn't make for great TV.

Sometimes it's good to not always go for the climactic approach.

I think they should do it live.

Also the term conspiracy theory...I think that's replaced critical thinking sometimes.

You're not the only one man I'm with you. I don't think it goes as far back as when we picked Shaq but it does go back a few years. I truly believe when Lebron left Cleveland it was all setup for him to make a comeback. Timberwolves help out the Cavs with Love so they get rewarded with two first round picks. The Cavs get rewarded by losing Lebron so they get two first round picks. I believe it was all part of the NBA'S plan. I hear it alot in Vegas with friends who work at the sports book. Football games are even rigged. I've learned that living in Nevada and I bet carefully and 90% of the time I walk away a winner.

Wow, you have a point.

So getting back to players and away from conspiracy theories:

I haven't watched that much on Smith, but watching that highlight video of him...he kinda reminds of me Kris Dunn. Am I just making that up or has someone else seen that too? Has a better vertical than Dunn but still thats the vibe I got.

Whoever said

Smith @ 6

Bam @ 25

Diallo @ 33

Swanigan @ 38 or whever the next pick it.

I'm good with that. I honestly think those players would be good fits. I think Bam could be a poor mans Ibaka at some point. Especially defensively.

Diallo, I just don't know. He never played at Kentucky so the only video I have seen was him in practice. But he is going up against Fox and Monk and Briscoe in practice every single day, so that has to be good for him. He is freakishly athletic. Like Andrew Wiggins athletic. No idea what his shot looks like though.

Smith Jr. would be my first choice at 6 if he's still on the board. Monk would just be a good 3-point shooter no?

Monk is more than a 3pt shooter, but that's all he is known for.

I think he could be a jamal crawford type player

but he has the ability to be a jr smith, guy who is known for his offense but occasionally locks it down on defense too.

To the conspiracy theorists, there's something you're forgetting:

1) Millionaire, youth, branding -- would that player advance his brand living in Charlotte/Orlando or LA/New York/Miami?

2) San Antonio Spurs

3) Dallas Mavericks

4) We've had our share of #1 luck

5) San Antonio Spurs (again)

There's no conspiracy ya'll. Lakers have sucked since Kobe left. Boston has a crafty GM. Cleveland (smaller city) won the 'ship last year. Golden State ain't LA/Boston.

Lakers we're playing well then shipped Lou Williams and sucked.

They got the number two pick in a draft where one player and his dad wants him there and no where else. Same time Magic is in the front office.

I'm all in for DSJ. I think drafting Monk would be a tremendous mistake. Undersized with no defensive upside. Pass. Hopefully he gets taken before our pick so we don't have the chance to make that mistake.

I honestly think I'd take DSJ over Tatum, as unpopular as that opinion may be on here. I want a leader and a guy that has the potential to be a superstar and I think that DSJ has the better chance for both of those. I also like him in the short term with the lineup flexibility he'd provide to run him at both guard spots.

Must be nice to have an owner that gets it. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19402712/owner-mark-cuban-says-dallas-mavericks-tried-lose-being-eliminated-playoffs

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says Dallas looked to lose as much as it could once the team was out of postseason contention this season.

"Once we were eliminated from the playoffs, we did everything possible to lose games," Cuban said on "The Dan Patrick Show" on Wednesday.

Cuban said the primary way to ensure the Mavericks would lose was to play their young players, including Yogi Ferrell, Nerlens Noel and Dorian Finney-Smith -- three players with less than three years of experience who averaged more than 20 minutes per game for Dallas this season.

The Mavericks owner acknowledged that it wasn't the players who were throwing games.

"Once a guy walks on the court, they're going to play their heart out," Cuban said. "Particularly the young guys because they have something to prove."