Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

It is and why the Knicks? They are projected to pick after us unless the NBA just pulled a Mutumbo.

i think they split like half projections and half randoms but they should do all projections.

Also, lotto is Tuesday? that snuck up on me.

That's some BS tbh.

Ehh, I get it. You can't have a single player interviewed by every team. Even if the interviews were only 10 minutes long (which they wouldn't be), that would be 5 hours for all the interviews ignoring down time.

It is more important to get a high draft pick and let everyone come to you so you can have as much one on one time as possible in a day.

good article on Smith

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-dennis-smith-jr-nc-state-wolfpack-b220c78d9b5c

At 6-foot-3 and 195 pounds, Smith has a rare combination of speed and power at the point guard position. He may not be Russell Westbrook or John Wall, but he’s easily the most athletic floor general in this year’s draft. My favorite play of his came at the buzzer of NC State’s 84–82 upset of Duke, when Smith nearly tore down Cameron Indoor Stadium with this rim-rattling dunk. The sheer amount of disrespect packed into this 24-second clip warms my heart:

I've been on the Fox train for a long time. The comparison to EP needs to stop. EP's jumper was broken from birth. He doesn't push tempo anywhere near the same league as Fox. Athletically..no comparison. I am shocked Fox shot so poorly from deep because his mechanics couldn't be much better than they are. He may never be as good as Wall (his best comparison in terms of style of play). But as a prospect, he's much closer to Wall than EP. If we pick higher, I'd take a different route. But at 5, I'm not going to let EP prevent me from taking the highest ceiling prospect at 5. And assuming Fultz, Jackson, Ball and Tatum are gone, it's a no brainer if Orlando is on the clock.

Must admit that I thought very little of EP when we took him. Wanted Lavine.

I've been on the Fox train for a long time. The comparison to EP needs to stop. EP's jumper was broken from birth. He doesn't push tempo anywhere near the same league as Fox. Athletically..no comparison. I am shocked Fox shot so poorly from deep because his mechanics couldn't be much better than they are. He may never be as good as Wall (his best comparison in terms of style of play). But as a prospect, he's much closer to Wall than EP. If we pick higher, I'd take a different route. But at 5, I'm not going to let EP prevent me from taking the highest ceiling prospect at 5. And assuming Fultz, Jackson, Ball and Tatum are gone, it's a no brainer if Orlando is on the clock.

You like Fox over Smith?

Its not Fox = EP, it's some people believe that poor shooting puts a ceiling on a guard's career in this NBA. If Payton is automatically disqualified, should fox be too? (because projecting him forward we need to assume he's forever going to be a poor shooter).

Also, it's not Fox vs EP, it's Fox vs Smith vs EP and Monk/Tatum/Isaac