Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

In a world where the Lakers pick 1 or 2, do they even take Ball?

LaVar Ball is just burning all sorts of bridges and his son isn't even in the league yet.

What would really be hilarious is if the Lakers drafted him, then traded him away later.

So I'm guessing Lonzo doesn't fit your criteria? Who in your opinion does and why?

Ball is fine although questionable. I was just saying all the BS outside the court doesn't bother me and I could care less.

If we are lucky I'd like Jackson. After that Tatum. After that just give me the best scorer left. The guy who is straight attack mode!

He's not even on my board. Daddy will be a distraction. Watch.

What proof do we have that Lavar will even be a ripple of a problem once Lonzo is a pro?

Miko Grimes? Marckus Vick?

This kind of stuff doesn't cause team dysfunction. I think people are overreacting.

What proof do we have that Lavar will even be a ripple of a problem once Lonzo is a pro?

This kind of stuff doesn't cause team dysfunction. I think people are overreacting.

His dad is going to be involved in negotiations.

He's his DAD.

Not a brother, not wife, not cousin, not close friend. DAD and he's in charge.

He's going to be a problem.

He's on your board great. Not mine. He's no JKidd anyways.

I didn't think it would be much of an issue until he said he'd rather be a laker than the number 1 pick.

Plenty of players have problems family members.

Plenty of players have favorite teams

Not many players put going to a specific team over personal achievement.

I didn't think it would be much of an issue until he said he'd rather be a laker than the number 1 pick.

To be honest I'd rather play for my favorite team and be drafted around 2-5 than be the #1 pick, even if that meant making a little less money

I understand there are reservations. Fine by me. He knows he's not going #1 so why not try and position yourself to get picked by your #1 destination?

If the Celtics pick him it's not like he will refuse to play.

All in all if teams choose to pass on him fine by me but it won't and shouldn't be because of his dad. It will be because of comments like the Laker/#1 pick comment.

His dad is not an issue. He holds no power.

To be honest I'd rather play for my favorite team and be drafted around 2-5 than be the #1 pick, even if that meant making a little less money

Right. You don't start making real money until your second contract anyways.

cool. but that doesn't help us unless the players favorite team is the magic.

I'm not worried about the character flaws of wanting to go to a different team. I'm worried that you'll forgo a big chunk of money in salary plus a big chunk of money in marketing and shoe deals just to go to a team you like. Now I'm worried that you'll try to force a trade to that team or play under the qualifying offer to get to unrestricted free agency to go to that team too.

when money doesn't matter you lose all leverage.

I understand there are reservations. Fine by me. He knows he's not going #1 so why not try and position yourself to get picked by your #1 destination?

If the Celtics pick him it's not like he will refuse to play.

All in all if teams choose to pass on him fine by me but it won't and shouldn't be because of his dad. It will be because of comments like the Laker/#1 pick comment.

His dad is not an issue. He holds no power.

Unfortunately, that last statement is incorrect. Lonzo has signed with a new agent who will work for the newly formed "Ball Sports Group," which will be run by Lonzo's father: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-ucla-star-lonzo-ball-files-draft-paperwork-hires-representation-143650475.html