Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I see Isaac still being mentioned in the 5-6 range here. Isn't that a bit of a gamble? Hamilton didn't really help him grow at all, so he's all raw talent right now and his ceiling is conjecture. He never showed the killer instinct and when he tried to be more aggressive and take over games late, it led to turnovers. Unless he really impresses in workouts its a risk to take him above any of the other names mentioned. Not because he doesn't have the tools, but because I don't think he picked up winning habits at FSU, and will likely need a mental overhaul to become great.

But what do I know? I'm just a frustrated Noles fan.

Yea I have have Issac closer to 10 than 5.

I see Isaac still being mentioned in the 5-6 range here. Isn't that a bit of a gamble? Hamilton didn't really help him grow at all, so he's all raw talent right now and his ceiling is conjecture. He never showed the killer instinct and when he tried to be more aggressive and take over games late, it led to turnovers. Unless he really impresses in workouts its a risk to take him above any of the other names mentioned. Not because he doesn't have the tools, but because I don't think he picked up winning habits at FSU, and will likely need a mental overhaul to become great.

But what do I know? I'm just a frustrated Noles fan.

It probably just depends on what variables your specific team is looking for from their players. Some teams probably have him at 5 while others at 10. It's the same for Monk where I would imagine some teams have him at 5-6 and others 9-10.

Wow, Brooklyn could mess around and catch Phoenix and LA.. I didn't realize how well the Nets have been playing lately. They end with us, Chicago, Boston, Chicago, so if they win out and Phoenix and LA lose out, they could potentially send Boston the 3rd best odds instead of the first. They could also go 3 - 1 and we could possibly have Phoenix, LA, and Boston have to split the odds for the # 1 pick.

With Payton playing the way he has been do we still want to take a PG with our early pick?

If so, do you think we can trade him and our late `1st rounder to move into the top 6-7?

Yes, obviously

Doubt that would be enough to move up

Wow, Brooklyn could mess around and catch Phoenix and LA.. I didn't realize how well the Nets have been playing lately. They end with us, Chicago, Boston, Chicago, so if they win out and Phoenix and LA lose out, they could potentially send Boston the 3rd best odds instead of the first. They could also go 3 - 1 and we could possibly have Phoenix, LA, and Boston have to split the odds for the # 1 pick.

Could someone explain what this means?

If the Nets, Phoenix and LA finish with the same record, they would have to divide the odds evenly for the #1 pick

They'd split the odds, so all 3 teams would have an equal chance of the # 1 pick. The same thing could potentially happen with us and Philadelphia if we wind up tied for 4th. I'm finishing up at work now so I don't have time to do the math, but that system is how the lottery is set up to deal with ties.

It probably just depends on what variables your specific team is looking for from their players. Some teams probably have him at 5 while others at 10. It's the same for Monk where I would imagine some teams have him at 5-6 and others 9-10.

I guess I'm of the mindset that you take BPA at those picks, or trade them for better, established players. Taking for need doesn't register to me at picks 5-6 unless you consider two or three players as equally valuable. I think Isaac is third tier in this draft, but 5-6 would still be looking at second tier players.