Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

So what happens to EP if we take a PG in the draft? I feel we should definitely draft BPA and not for position, but would we just collect talent and let the chips fall where they may?? Not sure if that would cause problems in the locker room. Guess it can't get much worse than it is currently as far as records and product on the court is concerned.

So what happens to EP if we take a PG in the draft? I feel we should definitely draft BPA and not for position, but would we just collect talent and let the chips fall where they may?? Not sure if that would cause problems in the locker room. Guess it can't get much worse than it is currently as far as records and product on the court is concerned.

This team is bad, you can't go for a single position.

Any great college point guard would need time in the system, you aren't drafting EP replacement, you are drafting a 2nd or 3rd line PG to become an eventual starter. How quickly a rookie becomes a 2nd option or the starter is a cap shoot.

Any great college point guard would need time in the system, you aren't drafting EP replacement, you are drafting a 2nd or 3rd line PG to become an eventual starter. How quickly a rookie becomes a 2nd option or the starter is a cap shoot.

Generally, you're right. But the top 3 point guards are guys you get minutes immediately

Yeah Aaron Gordon is totally the 7th best player in his draft class :dustball:/>/>

Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Randle, Jokic, Lavine are all better, shown more, with at least as much upside. There are a few others who have overachieved and shown more so far and (depending on where you live/get your influence from) some would prefer, such as Powell, Hood etc. But I'm up to 7 already so I can stop since point has been made. :gold_cup:/>

• Upvote 1

I will bet you whatever money you want to put up that he wont go in the top 5.

I'll pass on the money exchanging hands, let's just make a note of it and discuss in June.

I'll pass on the money exchanging hands, let's just make a note of it and discuss in June.

yeah, sure.

I think he probably goes top 5 last year but he's a weird case. Looking for comps and you really cant find any. Maybe Kyle Wiltjer but that's not really fair as he did his damage as a JR and SR. And you want to say Doug McDermott but Markannen is going to eclipse is 3pt volume. You can say Ryan Anderson but he was drafted a few years before we started valuing shooters so I cant really say "LOOK! ANDERSON WENT IN THE 20s!".

But I think, ultimately, you have fultz, ball, smith, and Jackson who are going top 5 no matter what. Especially with Jackson going on a streak now where he's hit 54% of his threes over the past 6 games on high volume. Then you have Monk, tatum, fox, ntilikina, Isaac. all fighting Markannen for that 5 spot. And you have the chance of someone becoming the darling of the media over the next two months like Bridges or John Collins. That's a lot of players fighting in that group.

with Jackson suddenly becoming a good shooter (9 made 3s on 25% shooting the first 18 games, 13 made 3s on 54% shooting over the last 6), assuming he finishes the season in the mid 30's for 3pt% I think this is my list:

Fultz

Jackson

ball or smith

smith or ball

Monk

Isaac

with Jackson suddenly becoming a good shooter (9 made 3s on 25% shooting the first 18 games, 13 made 3s on 54% shooting over the last 6), assuming he finishes the season in the mid 30's for 3pt% I think this is my list:

Fultz

Jackson

ball or smith

smith or ball

Monk

Isaac

Might have already been discussed, but what's a good comp for Jackson's ceiling/floor?