Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

2017 Playoffs or Henny is Fired

Agreed.

Hennigan has lost the benefit of the doubt from me. Now I will only believe it when I see it. And at this point, I don't believe that I'll see it as long as he's here. We need a GM that's not afraid to make a move to actually bring in talent.

Are you two days behind or something?

No, I'm not expecting Durant or Horford. Although the original intention was to save up all this cap space to go all in for guys like that and we never even attempted to talk to them. But no, that's no my expectations.

We didn't talk to them -- right.

More like they didn't want to talk to us. That's what you don't understand.

No, I just don't think that spending $72 million on a 5 / 8 guy is really the kind of move that's gonna put us over.

Per 36 mins he averaged 9 pts 13 rbs and 2.6 blks last season at the age of 23. Someone like a Ben Wallace (at the age of 26) averaged about 7 pts 13 rbs and 2.4 blks (when he was 23 he averaged 6 pts 10 rebs and 2.3 blks).

And that 72 million works out to about the equivalent of 12m per year this past season.

We didn't talk to them -- right.

More like they didn't want to talk to us. That's what you don't understand.

Why is that?

Oh, maybe because we have a GM that hasn't given them anything to want to talk to.

Why is that?

Oh, maybe because we have a GM that hasn't given them anything to want to talk to.

So you complain that we didn't put together a playoff roster so we can talk to FA's, but also complain while we're putting it together.

You're just a gem.

There is nothing about our roster that is "stacked"

Our front court is absolutely stacked. You would have to literally be brain dead to disagree

I'm just gonna lay it out there, no way we make the playoffs with our new roster additions.

We need a scorer in the worst possible way, we are completely missing the mark with these smoke screen moves.

Would you care to put some money on that my friend?

So you complain that we didn't put together a playoff roster so we can talk to FA's, but also complain while we're putting it together.

You're just a gem.

I guess if you think trading away our core youth pieces for role players and giving max contracts to bench players is "putting it together", then we have found the fundamental of our disagreement.

I don't think that Hennigan is "putting it together". What I see is years and years of acquiring cap space wasted away on bit players that won't significantly improve us, leaving us in the pit of irrelevance for years to come.

My biggest worry is getting minutes for AG and Hezonja. Green seems to be out of place. Biyombo was a strange move given our big man depth. He won't be okay with 10 mpg. A trade should likely be coming. We'll see what happens.

This makes me wonder about the Harris trade. I think we could have gotten more value if we waited to trade him til draft day.

That being said, I think this is a good team. Just not enough minutes to go around. Someone is going to be unhappy if a trade doesn't happen. I'd love to get Bledsoe for Vuc + Payton/Watson. Can we trade Meeks?

Again...

People should be calling for the head of Alex Martins and/or for DeVos to sell the team to someone who gives a damn anymore. NOT Rob Hennigan.

You guys are going to love Robert Hennigan. He's the kind of guy who can do a little bit of everything in the front office. Like a big Otis Smith