Sign in to follow this  
masazasm2

Skiles resigns

I was growing tired of Scott Skiles myself, especially his rotations. But I smell a "SNAKE". Notice the date of the article about Magic assistant coach, Adrian Griffin.

Link

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/magic-players-praise-new-assistant-coach-adrian-griffin

VdQo3o.png

I read the article. Can you point out why you think the article has relevance to the going on's between Skiles / Griffin / Management?

It sounds like it was a him or me scenario. They know what they're getting with Skiles (some improvement quickly and a pretty low ceiling coach who wears out his welcome quickly), but it's still up in the air what Rob is. I hope they give him more input on the hiring of the next coach; if we don't at least make the playoffs next season Rob is most likely gone.

Those who want Henny gone baffle me. Hennigan really has done all he could with our roster and draft positions. I'm unsure what else he could have done.

Pros:

- Dwight Deal

- Fournier Deal

- 2013 Draft (Oladipo) - could not have gotten anyone better outside of maybe CJ McCollum at this point

- 2014 Draft (Gordon / Payton) - from #4 on, no two have been better

- 2015 Draft (Hezonja) - he's still green

Wash:

- Tobias Trade - solid scorer. Young. Tweener. Overpaid. Already hit his ceiling.

Cons:

- Moe Harkless trade (glut of SF - better role player)

- No notable Free Agents - which is hard in a market like Orlando and in our current team's position.

The fact is he hasn't had a "miss" in the draft yet is what impresses me the most. I don't see how its fair if Rob is let go due to a management's inability to hire a good coach when they get priority to choose.

If I understand the timeline correctly through December we had a coach that wanted to be here. On Dec. 31, 2015 we were 19-13. Sometime thereafter the Coach expressed that he thought taking the job was a mistake. Our record after January 1, 2016 was 16-34. I'm not saying Skiles was intentionally tanking games, but it surely indicates that the product on the court was a reflection of the dysfunction off the Court.

The fact that Skiles waited almost a month after our last game to make public what he already decided in January is absurd.

"Next!!!"

Those who want Henny gone baffle me. Hennigan really has done all he could with our roster and draft positions. I'm unsure what else he could have done.

Pros:

- Dwight Deal

- Fournier Deal

- 2013 Draft (Oladipo) - could not have gotten anyone better outside of maybe CJ McCollum at this point

- 2014 Draft (Gordon / Payton) - from #4 on, no two have been better

- 2015 Draft (Hezonja) - he's still green

Wash:

- Tobias Trade - solid scorer. Young. Tweener. Overpaid. Already hit his ceiling.

Cons:

- Moe Harkless trade (glut of SF - better role player)

- No notable Free Agents - which is hard in a market like Orlando and in our current team's position.

The fact is he hasn't had a "miss" in the draft yet is what impresses me the most. I don't see how its fair if Rob is let go due to a management's inability to hire a good coach when they get priority to choose.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's most likely what will happen if we don't make the playoffs next season in my opinion. I think he's done a great job; I hope I'm wrong(I really hope we make the playoffs next season and we never find out if I'm right or wrong).

If I understand the timeline correctly through December we had a coach that wanted to be here. On Dec. 31, 2015 we were 19-13. Sometime thereafter the Coach expressed that he thought taking the job was a mistake. Our record after January 1, 2016 was 16-34. I'm not saying Skiles was intentionally tanking games, but it surely indicates that the product on the court was a reflection of the dysfunction off the Court.

The fact that Skiles waited almost a month after our last game to make public what he already decided in January is absurd.

"Next!!!"

Maybe not literally January first. More like mid January. Back slide results in him pouting

"Next!!!"

Yeah that's what gets me. You make this decision well after it should've been made. Doing so not only hurts your rep imo, it also puts this franchise in a bind because the list of candidates have decreased.

@DavidBaumannORL One more thing should be said about Skiles' departure. The front office needs to be held accountable for hiring the wrong guy. Again. #Magic

@DavidBaumannORL One more thing should be said about Skiles' departure. The front office needs to be held accountable for hiring the wrong guy. Again. #Magic

Comes back to the same ol tired problem, nepotism. You hired Henny to do a job, let him do it. At least if it doesn't work out, you can save face but this continuance trend of hiring buddies will shove us so far down the totem pole, we'll be begging Joe Wolf to be our coach.

@MagicalNBA Funny hearing the beat writers whine while waiting on the presser "another 5 year plan" "my buddy got rid of his season tix, now I know why"