Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

2016 Playoffs Thread

He's so frustrating to watch. Has all the talent in the world but is an incredible ball hog. Westbrook gets a lot of hate but he's not nearly as selfish as Kyrie

Remember, LeBron privilege makes everyone on his team look better than they actually are.

This is their 6th loss straight against Golden State in all previous meetings including the previous finals. The level of ignorance and volatile memory is astounding. People forget and repeat history to have a persevering blind baseless confidence that the Cavaliers will somehow defeat the Warriors. No permanent lesson and wisdom is developed. Cleveland had no chance at the start of the season.

I just checked out real cavs fan.....and they still haven't developed any semblance of quality basketball knowledge since the Magic defeated them in the finals. They still believe they have a chance. They still do not recognize a quality team and the Cavaliers privilege. That's what happens when you can't deal with reality; which is becoming the countries social problem.

The bar has been raised to deity...because people still do not respect what Golden State has been capable of and still don't. I recently tried to catch up with the development off the court for the Magic players but haven't heard a thing or seen a thing. I won't put any blind faith in our guys developing. Its their responsibility.

Remember, LeBron privilege makes everyone on his team look better than they actually are.

This is their 6th loss straight against Golden State in all previous meetings including the previous finals. The level of ignorance and volatile memory is astounding. People forget and repeat history to have a persevering blind baseless confidence that the Cavaliers will somehow defeat the Warriors. No permanent lesson and wisdom is developed. Cleveland had no chance at the start of the season.

I just checked out real cavs fan.....and they still haven't developed any semblance of quality basketball knowledge since the Magic defeated them in the finals. They still believe they have a chance. They still do not recognize a quality team and the Cavaliers privilege. That's what happens when you can't deal with reality; which is becoming the countries social problem.

The bar has been raised to deity...because people still do not respect what Golden State has been capable of and still don't. I recently tried to catch up with the development off the court for the Magic players but haven't heard a thing or seen a thing. I won't put any blind faith in our guys developing. Its their responsibility.

What the heck are you talking about?

What the heck are you talking about?

He was probably drunk when he posted that. It probably made sense to him at the time, but when he goes back and reads it he'll be like, "What?" It's happened to me like a million times(I really need to quit drinking).

I haven't watched last nights game yet but what happened to JR Smith? He seemed to have a bad game by the stats.

Some early turnovers and missed shots and barely touched the ball after that

Some early turnovers and missed shots and barely touched the ball after that

His hand got injured in the first quarter. I think draymond stepped on it.

• Upvote 1

I think one of the main reasons the Cavs lost was that they were paying too much attention on defense to Curry. Ok, double-team him when he has the ball, but don't have multiple guys following him when he doesn't have the ball, especially when he is obviously having an off-night.

They were so worried about Curry getting hot that there were multiple occasions where the Cavs were leaving their men on defense leaving men open or gaping holes to the basket which let all of the GS role players to get hot.

I think one of the main reasons the Cavs lost was that they were paying too much attention on defense to Curry. Ok, double-team him when he has the ball, but don't have multiple guys following him when he doesn't have the ball, especially when he is obviously having an off-night.

They were so worried about Curry getting hot that there were multiple occasions where the Cavs were leaving their men on defense leaving men open or gaping holes to the basket which let all of the GS role players to get hot.

yeah, I think their gameplan was "Stop Curry and Klay and let Barnes and Bogut beat us" which philosophically is not a bad plan. Unfortunately for Cleveland they combined for something like 16 points in the first quarter. When Curry and Klay were out of the game I think they exhaled and thought the danger was gone. didn't really gameplan for the backups besides "run them off of the three point line. make them take long twos" which they did. and Livingston shot 80%.

yeah, I think their gameplan was "Stop Curry and Klay and let Barnes and Bogut beat us" which philosophically is not a bad plan. Unfortunately for Cleveland they combined for something like 16 points in the first quarter. When Curry and Klay were out of the game I think they exhaled and thought the danger was gone. didn't really gameplan for the backups besides "run them off of the three point line. make them take long twos" which they did. and Livingston shot 80%.

Yeah, I definitely understand the plan, and I understand that Steph and Klay are two very dangerous players even without the ball, but there is a limit to the amount of focus you can put on a player. You can't have three of your guys watching one guy who doesn't have the ball, that is just a recipe for disaster.

It made it a situation where, for short periods of time, GS was basically able to play four on three or four on two because Cav players were taking themselves too far out of position.

All that being said, Steph and Klay need to play better in the series as it is unlikely that they will get that level of play from their supporting cast all at the same time again.

also this highlights the reason Golden state is in the conversation for best team ever. The shooting is nice but what's really nice is their roster construction. They have very specific defined roles for each player outside of curry, klay, and draymond. They have a variety of interesting pieces with different skillsets that they can draw from when they need them. Bogut, Ezili, and Speights are all flawed players that do a limited amount of things well and compliment eachother. Need more scoring, bring in Speights. Need more defense? bring in Ezili. Need a guy to play smart and just be a positive piece in the lineup? bring in Bogut. Barnes is a young above average defender with athleticism and shooting. Iguodala is a veteran player who has played in almost every situation. He's been the complimentary piece playing with Iverson and webber. He's been the franchise player. He's been on the Olympic team. He's a guy with elite defense and court vision for a wing and somehow always seems to make the shots he needs to make.

Its like that down the line. they have a good blend of young guys and old guys. three point shooters, midrange shooters, and post scorers. everyone can pass. almost everyone defends well. And they've all been here before. last years team loses this game.