Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Payton Hezonja green gordon Biyombo Watson Meeks Zimmerman filler is still like a 25 win team.

Only two, maybe three people on that list can shoot from outside. Yea we'll defend for days but the offense...

If you subtract Evan Fournier from this squad I think we're easily fighting with Brooklyn as worst.

Only two, maybe three people on that list can shoot from outside. Yea we'll defend for days but the offense...

If you subtract Evan Fournier from this squad I think we're easily fighting with Brooklyn as worst.

Offense is overrated if you're good at defense

It would be more impressive if 10 of those wins didn't come against a 17 win Knicks team, an 18 win Philly team, and a 25 win Orlando team.

Nope. Gotta beat the bad teams. That's something we didn't do last year with losses to Philly, Phoenix, and LA

Nope. Gotta beat the bad teams. That's something we didn't do last year with losses to Philly, Phoenix, and LA

We will be better than Larry Bird's Indiana team this year. Vogel has a vendetta against them. 6th seed. Calling it. People underestimate what freeing Gordon on defense at the wing will do.

And Frank Vogel took 43 games of George hill and basically Watson-s.hill-miles-west-hibbert and made it a 38 win team.

I'm really optimistic about Vogel. He's good at dealing with logjams and weird situations

One of the most difficult jobs in Orlando these days belongs to the Magic's new coach, Frank Vogel.

True, the roster that Vogel has inherited features more talent and more depth than the rosters Jacque Vaughn and Scott Skiles coached. But the team's recent offseason improvements came at a price: a lack of familiarity. Only six players — Evan Fournier, Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, Elfrid Payton, Nikola Vucevic and C.J. Watson — return from last year's squad. This year's team will take some time to jell, if it jells at all.

The Magic will hold their first official training-camp practice on Tuesday.

The month ahead will be crucial. Here's what the Magic must accomplish before they open their regular season on Oct. 26.

Link

Rob Hennigan: I think first and foremost our expectation is that we’ll cement an identity for ourselves as a smart, physical, unselfish, defensive-minded team. And we expect to make the playoffs.

Link

Smells like training camp.

I couldn't agree more! The other and more concerning issue is that while in Indy, Vogel never lost the players, win lose or just ugly games, he lost Larry Bird!

Here I don't think he will lose either Henny or the team, so come January of 17, we should be in a much better position than last year when Skiles wanted to quit.

smile_creaturedance.gif