Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

You are correct. My opinion is an opinion. All predictions of what will happen next summer and what it would take to get a max FA is conjecture.

The point of my post is to state that we should not make cap clearing moves that don't make us better this year just to have max space next summer because max space won't guarantee us a max player. I wouldn't trade Vucevic for cap reasons at the deadline because Westbrook might be friends with Ibaka or because CP3 might want to leave the West.

Neither would I. I would only trade Vuc for a proven commodity or next summer if the "vibe" is that Westbrook is a legitimate possibility. I also am not of the opine that Vuc's value goes down even if he ends up playing behind Biz. He's a proven 17/8 guy given starters minutes himself, and on a fantastic contract.

You can always make cap clearing moves in the summer if something seems like a possibility. Although it is conjecture to say we need to finish top 2 in the East to land someone like Westbrook--it's not not true. The higher we finish the better. If we did finish second in the East we would have Westbrooks attention before even contacting his people.

Also, what on this forum isn't conjecture?

Lol. Yeah, I get it's all conjecture...just pointing out that needing to finish with a specific seeding or record is an absolute and complete guess

I'm watching Croatia play Italy...Mario does not look ready. Gambles on defense, doesn't stay in front of his man, and his shot has looked ugly. Maybe it's a bad game or a product of the international game, but let's hope he gets a lot of good coaching and development this summer. We really need him to be a threat from 3 and a smart defender when he's on the court.

I'm watching Croatia play Italy...Mario does not look ready. Gambles on defense, doesn't stay in front of his man, and his shot has looked ugly. Maybe it's a bad game or a product of the international game, but let's hope he gets a lot of good coaching and development this summer. We really need him to be a threat from 3 and a smart defender when he's on the court.

I've been saying for a while he's no where near NBA starter ready. But you have to be careful making statements like that on here.

Everyone else watching the game thinks Hezonja played pretty good defense

Everyone else watching the game thinks Hezonja played pretty good defense

I guess it's my opinion then. He gambled for at least two steals that lead directly to open shots for Italy and was out of position on rotations and had the hyper athletic Marco Belinelli blow by him. Maybe he played solid d in the first quarter (I jumped in during the second quarter).

I guess it's my opinion then. He gambled for at least two steals that lead directly to open shots for Italy and was out of position on rotations and had the hyper athletic Marco Belinelli blow by him. Maybe he played solid d in the first quarter (I jumped in during the second quarter).

Yeah, he was a step slow during that one play when he rotated onto bellineli

Only thing I'm perplexed about Hezonja is that his shooting form is almost flawless but he misses so many shots wacko.gif