Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

You could say the same about Payton too though. Plus I would like more shooting in the starting lineup. If Payton starts then Fournier would be the only legit shooter on the floor.

Serge, Vucevic, and Mario can shoot.

CP3 is getting old. If he isn't winning a trophy with Blake Griffin, he ain't winning one with us. Better to hope the best for Payton and AG as rising stars in the right system. I'm gonna give this Magic team the final litmus test this year. In Henny I trust one more year. If no cigar, then like a DC movie -- reboot baby reboot!

He's also in the west

And on a bad luck clippers organization.

Your assertion that we would need to be a top two team to make a compelling case to a max FA is purely conjecture. Would it help? Certainly. Is it a must? Not necessarily. The reason a guy like Westbrook might (and notice I use the word might) consider a team like Orlando would likely be multi-faceted. Does Westbrook believe it's in his best interest to get out of the Western Conference to avoid GS? Does he believe that his addition to our up and coming squad puts him in a favorable position to compete for championships in the near future? How highly does he covet playing in a large market? Does his relationship with Ibaka and, to a lesser extent, Hennigan factor in? Of course no one knows the answer to any of these questions, but there's certainly a chance and the likelihood is that the better we play next season the better that chance gets.

You are correct. My opinion is an opinion. All predictions of what will happen next summer and what it would take to get a max FA is conjecture.

The point of my post is to state that we should not make cap clearing moves that don't make us better this year just to have max space next summer because max space won't guarantee us a max player. I wouldn't trade Vucevic for cap reasons at the deadline because Westbrook might be friends with Ibaka or because CP3 might want to leave the West.

You are correct. My opinion is an opinion. All predictions of what will happen next summer and what it would take to get a max FA is conjecture.

The point of my post is to state that we should not make cap clearing moves that don't make us better this year just to have max space next summer because max space won't guarantee us a max player. I wouldn't trade Vucevic for cap reasons at the deadline because Westbrook might be friends with Ibaka or because CP3 might want to leave the West.

Then this is our team for the foreseeable future.

Then this is our team for the foreseeable future.

Great! I'd actually like to see this team play some games before we give up a player like Vuc for cap space that won't make us better this year.

You can always make cap clearing moves in the summer if something seems like a possibility. Although it is conjecture to say we need to finish top 2 in the East to land someone like Westbrook--it's not not true. The higher we finish the better. If we did finish second in the East we would have Westbrooks attention before even contacting his people.

Also, what on this forum isn't conjecture?

First impressions of the Croatia game. First their coach is a terrible play caller, second Mario desperately needs to be more consistent with his shot