Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

So how crazy am I for thinking this? When we traded Dipo, Presti told Rob, "look, I don't know if KD is staying. I know he likes Dipo. You want defensive help in the front court. Ibaka is probably out anyways and I rather not pay him. You know me Rob. It's why I traded Harden. Listen, give us Dipo. You take Ibaka. We know KD likes Dipo. If KD still dips, you'll get first dibs and the likely heads up on Westbrook if he doesn't agree to extension. We go in full rebuild mode and y'all kick GS's ass."

I was thinking the same thing-

Payton, Vuc, CJ, our 2017 pick, the Laker pick, and whatever else filler it would take

We'd have a year to show Russ how wonderful tax free Orlando is

So how crazy am I for thinking this? When we traded Dipo, Presti told Rob, "look, I don't know if KD is staying. I know he likes Dipo. You want defensive help in the front court. Ibaka is probably out anyways and I rather not pay him. You know me Rob. It's why I traded Harden. Listen, give us Dipo. You take Ibaka. We know KD likes Dipo. If KD still dips, you'll get first dibs and the likely heads up on Westbrook if he doesn't agree to extension. We go in full rebuild mode and y'all kick GS's ass."

I doubt a conversation like that. Even if there was one we'd only be getting Westbrook as a one season rental. I don't think these guys collude with one another just because they've worked together in the past(I can't really say for sure though).I'd guess if there was some colluding going on this isn't a conversation they would have.

Very crazy. More like "hey I want to trade Ibaka and really like how Oladipo fits because our biggest weakness in the playoffs was a shooting guard who can play defense and score"

People forget Rob was the scout that pushed for the thunder to draft Ibaka. So of course he's going out there to get his guy. Rob thinks Ibaka is going to be an all star here.

• Upvote 1

Dallas just signed Seth Curry, after trading for Bogut and signing Harrison Barnes.

Cuban is the ultimate troll. My respect for him will go up by 1000% if he signs Klay Thompson's brother

Very crazy. More like "hey I want to trade Ibaka and really like how Oladipo fits because our biggest weakness in the playoffs was a shooting guard who can play defense and score"

People forget Rob was the scout that pushed for the thunder to draft Ibaka. So of course he's going out there to get his guy. Rob thinks Ibaka is going to be an all star here.

What's an all-star? I don't remember what those are or what it's like having one on your team.

Dallas just signed Seth Curry, after trading for Bogut and signing Harrison Barnes.

Cuban is the ultimate troll. My respect for him will go up by 1000% if he signs Klay Thompson's brother

Just sign Jason Thompson and trade for Danny Green. You could have a Curry-Green-Barnes-Thompson-Bogut lineup in Dallas.

I really don't see the point in trading for Westbrook unless you have confirmation he will re-up with you, which I doubt we would ever get. Idk why we wouldn't just focus on this year and showing we can win, then recruit him in the summer and not have to give anything up.

Our goal this year should be making a free agent like Westbrook think "I could be that missing piece". But the only way we do that is by surpassing expectations by a wide margin this year.

I really don't see the point in trading for Westbrook unless you have confirmation he will re-up with you, which I doubt we would ever get. Idk why we wouldn't just focus on this year and showing we can win, then recruit him in the summer and not have to give anything up.

Our goal this year should be making a free agent like Westbrook think "I could be that missing piece". But the only way we do that is by surpassing expectations by a wide margin this year.

We'd have to at least have a dialog with them and low ball them

We'd have to at least have a dialog with them and low ball them

I mean, yea. Of course. If you're a GM, and a player of Westbrook's caliber might be available, you have to at least contact them and feel it out. I just think our best bet would be signing him this off-season.