Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Hahs dude I was just reading some old posts and me and you were all over Biyombo. But you for sure called a lot.

I just post a lot and eventually something sticks :D

• Upvote 1

I just post a lot and eventually something sticks :D/>

You def got some stuff to stick this year. My biggest call was Fournier over Dipo. Spent a lot of time and energy on that one lol...I might go back to the Affalo trade and pull up some posts from that one. I feel like I was talking people off the ledge on that one. I was a big Fournier fan from day 1.

But I was a big Payton fan on draft night--so I'm wrong plenty too.

Ian Mahinmi to the Wizards for four years and $64 million, per league sources. Wizards moving on to Plan B after losing out on Al Horford.

so happy we paid 8 mil more over 4 years for a 23 year old ben wallace 2.0...

You def got some stuff to stick this year. My biggest call was Fournier over Dipo. Spent a lot of time and energy on that one lol...I might go back to the Affalo trade and pull up some posts from that one. I feel like I was talking people off the ledge on that one. I was a big Fournier fan from day 1.

But I was a big Payton fan on draft night--so I'm wrong plenty too.

One of my biggest fails was thinking that Rudy Gobert would suck.

--

I'm super happy about this offseason. Don't remember being so excited after deals that one of my teams made (my only other team is FC Porto, soccer)

I think the timing of the Biyombo deal was quite good, Wizards waited to see what Horford does then moves on to Mahinmi. I think if both are available they target Bismack first and his price may have went up a little and we may have ended up with Mahinmi for 64m.

Haha, I'm reading the thread now. Thanks for the shout out

frank-vogel-nba-orlando-magic-press-conference-3-850x560.jpg

You might as well change that to your avatar.

Free agent Eric Gordon has reached a deal with the Houston Rockets, league source tells @TheVertical.

Four years, $53M.

Would have thought he'd get more than that when taking into account some of the other deals.

I was so excited last night. Now I have no idea what to think. I do view Biyombo as an overpay. And for the life of me, I can't think of an offense that isn't absolutely terrible with Payton and Biyombo on the floor. I can't understand paying $18 mil per for a guy we didn't really need. $18 mil for a backup big who can't score. To me, he has to start.

Now, if Vuc is traded, especially for a stud PG, I love this signing. But right now I feel like we're too heavy on bigs.

I was so excited last night. Now I have no idea what to think. I do view Biyombo as an overpay. And for the life of me, I can't think of an offense that isn't absolutely terrible with Payton and Biyombo on the floor. I can't understand paying $18 mil per for a guy we didn't really need. $18 mil for a backup big who can't score. To me, he has to start.

Now, if Vuc is traded, especially for a stud PG, I love this signing. But right now I feel like we're too heavy on bigs.

It will all work out, just take a few deep breaths and try to relax. These are legitimate concerns but let's face it, they are really good problems to have.