Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Not a huge fan of the BB signing (players are competitive and do care who starts, and there's only so many front court minutes to go around).

The rest of free agency has been absolutely terrific. Green was such a gem to get on a 1-year deal, great to have Fournizz back.

• Upvote 1

Man, if we had a better PG I would be loving our team right now. As it is, I still really like it but some of our lineup possibilities will be hindered if Payton can't hit shots at a somewhat respectable rate.

At least we have a capable backup and spot starter. Payton just needs to run the offense, set up teammates and attack the rim. He needs to become more of a Rondo type than he's been, but I fully expect Vogel to let him create unlike Skiles who wanted the ball moving and had Elf off it way too much

Not sure if you caught my reply to your post. I said my team is on the brink of a championship and can't be touched

--

In other news, do we still have room for Bismack Biyombo?

Oh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

THANK YOU LORD HENNY

Not a huge fan of the BB signing (players are competitive and do care who starts, and there's only so many front court minutes to go around).

The rest of free agency has been absolutely terrific. Green was such a gem to get on a 1-year deal, great to have Fournizz back.

Then they best be busting their ass in the off-season and prove they deserve to be starting. God forbid we generate a little competition on this team.

This signing doesn't bode well for those of us who believed Vogel was really going to change to an up tempo offense. Looks like it will still be the same two-big stuff that got him fired in Indy

This is why I was disappointed he didn't bring in a pace-and-space offensive assistant

Injured Paul George and no defense shooting guard?

Huh? Biyombo is a big Hezonja? What?

l46CyJmS9KUbokzsI.gif

He posted the same thing earlier except replace Biz's name with Green and Mario's name with Dipo.

So -- we just replaced Smith, Nicholson, Dedmon, Napier, and Oladipo with Ibaka, Biyombo, Green, Meeks, and Augustin.

Skiles with Vogel.

How are we not better?

we replaced

Oladipo, Harris

11th pick

Nicholson, Smith

with

Ibaka, Biyombo

Green, Meeks, DJ

Augustin

Meeks

Fournier

Ibaka

Vuc

How's that?

there is a reason why Meeks and Augustine are bench players, Augustine too little to guard elite PGs, Meeks is purely one dimensional and only catch and shoot or a couple dribble and shoot, rarely drives, they are bolts and nuts, they aren't the engine that drives the car