2016 Off-Season Thread

Another post from the RealGM board:

--------------

Magic_Johnny12

Veteran

Post#1515 » less than a minute ago

DONT KILL THE MESSENGER

AGAIN DONT KILL THE MESSENGER

I have a friend that lives in Utah that just texted me that some local beat writer out there is reporting that Utah and Orlando are in "preliminary talks" for a trade that's centered around Hezonja/Hayward.

Claims that there's a lot of chatter that Hayward wants out of Utah.

I asked him for a name,tweet, link of any sort and just said he heard it on a Utah local sports XM channel.

TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT

Interesting none the less

----------------

I love this Biyombo signing! Especially for the (relative to other NBA big men) price.

Anyone who says Vuc should be traded just flat out either a. doesn't know what is up or b. must be drinking the REALLY good stuff. Pass some over!

1. Is Vuc seriously THE best value player in the NBA now? He just might be. Shows how genius Rob & Co. were when he signed up in the first place. There is no WAY IN HELL I want Vuc traded, mostly for his lack of cap usage as much as for the sake of having the guy on our team in the first place.

2. And just so what if Ibaka DOES leave after a year? Do these people who want to trade Vuc want to lose TWO centers instead of one?

In conclusion, too many people are too reactionary. But I knew that already, so there you go.

And whoever says Biyombo is an overpay, or doesn't do enough to warrant the contract--please see Thompson, Tristian.

Not comparing their game, but neither of them can score, but both are/were vital parts to the success of their respective teams. The Cavs do not when a title without Thompson. I always ripped that signing but bottom-line is he is an integral part of that team.

Biyombo will be similar for us. He's an elite rebounder and shot blocker and at 23 he should continue to develop a better understanding of the game.

He is going to become the backbone of this team, much like he was during the playoffs for Toronto. He energized that entire team and fan base with his non stop relentlessness.

I cannot wait.

Me too!

Man, if we had a better PG I would be loving our team right now. As it is, I still really like it but some of our lineup possibilities will be hindered if Payton can't hit shots at a somewhat respectable rate.

You guys are going to love Bismack Biyombo. He's a guy that can do a little bit of everything on the court. Kinda like a big Hezonja

• Upvote 1

This signing doesn't bode well for those of us who believed Vogel was really going to change to an up tempo offense. Looks like it will still be the same two-big stuff that got him fired in Indy

This is why I was disappointed he didn't bring in a pace-and-space offensive assistant

Ya'll need to quit worrying so much about who starts.

If you think Vogel is a good coach (which you all say so) you should just trust his judgement and get on board with the 5 he selects and understand that nothing is permanent. Also, just because someone starts doesn't mean they'll finish. There are a million different lineup combos that can be utilized as needed.

If our roster is 1 thing, it's versatile.

• Upvote 1

You guys are going to love Bismack Biyombo. He's a guy that can do a little bit of everything on the court. Kinda like a big Hezonja

Have you been working on Mad Libs?

Huh? Biyombo is a big Hezonja? What?

l46CyJmS9KUbokzsI.gif

• Upvote 1

This signing doesn't bode well for those of us who believed Vogel was really going to change to an up tempo offense. Looks like it will still be the same two-big stuff that got him fired in Indy

This is why I was disappointed he didn't bring in a pace-and-space offensive assistant

You mean the two big stuff that got him to the conference finals and got them to game 7 against the LeBron Heat just a few years ago? If Paul George didn't have his freak injury and Larry Bird actually tried to provide Vogel with talent instead of whine and cry about results when he stacked the deck against Vogel, Frank would still be employed in Indy. Frank Vogel didn't get fired for any sort of reason other than Larry Bird is an impatient jackass. We're lucky to have Frank Vogel as our coach.