Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Since team improved so much that we were not in lottery anymore, now we can get players either through free agency or through trades.

To do trades you need assets, and seems like thats what Rob is doing now. Its called being proactive and not just waiting for FA to maybe sign with us.

We are signing players to good deals (for us) which will give us plenty of options down the road. I just dont see what is there to hate about these moves. If we cannot get FA in this market, then we will have to do trades, and for that we will need players (which we are signing now).

the team basically traded Harris for Biyombo. I don't know if I'm happy about the move, was hoping Gordon would get serious minutes at both forward spots, since it would open up more minutes for Hezonja. I'm all about having a good team, but I'm more about developing those 2 guys.

Yeah, it seems to me Henny has shifted from stock piling assets through the draft to stockpiling FA's that can help in the short-term and eventually be packaged to make a deal for a superstar if one becomes available. It's a brilliant strategy and if Hezonja and/or Gordon explode we could be sitting pretty for the next 5-7 years. I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks, I'm ecstatic about what Henny is doing

I understand that everybody is overpaid now, but when the season opens I would be willing to bet that any player who is taking up 20% of any teams cap space will be starting. Name one who won't. Keep in mind that Gilbert is not in the league anymore.

Channing Frye, Kanter, Ginobili, Jamal Crawford

D12 is now a Hawk... our division has gotten thicker...

Even if Horford doesn't go to the Wizards, every team in our division is a good bet to make the playoffs. That leaves us fighting for two spots between eight other teams. So yea we're not a lock to make the playoffs like some here believe

the team basically traded Harris for Biyombo. I don't know if I'm happy about the move, was hoping Gordon would get serious minutes at both forward spots, since it would open up more minutes for Hezonja. I'm all about having a good team, but I'm more about developing those 2 guys.

We did a lot more than that!

It's funny to see how you guys are so excited by all these moves. What is really noticeable is the other forum members who have good thoughts have remained silent.

It's cool, we are building the "All World Team" ..next up we need a someone from South America... maybe we can give Barbosa like 30mil...lol

You see it that way? Henny's moves are clear. Interior defense. 3 point shooting. Wing options. Flexibility. I think he did an awesome job. Did u really think a star was coming here?

I think we're kind of building towards taking advantage of small ball by staying big but using our athleticism to get stops.

Payton

Hezonja

Gordon

Ibaka

Biyombo

Go small on that team and see how it ends for you.