Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

don't think we will let ibaka walk, we didn't give up RFA oladipo for nothing or unless next summer we get a better option than ibaka in free agency, but i doubt it, ibaka's defense and shooting is as premium as it gets, hard to top that, victor was just slightly above avg, ibaka is premium

Its his choice not ours

Its his choice not ours

Which is one of the reasons the trade was so risky.

Honestly I want to keep Vucevic -- having him next to Ibaka is perfect and now we have Biyombo off the bench, which will provide an awesome defensive front court when Vuc is resting.

For now this is the plan imo but if Bismack outshines Vuch defensively, and our need for more offense shows, something will have to give.

Adrian Wojnarowski reports Biyombo's deal will be for $72 million over four seasons.

Anyone know what this does to our cap space for next year?

I just have to take a moment to applaud the job that Henni is doing. With no major free agents willing to meet with us, this guy has turned us into one of the deepest teams in the East and I think are 3 youngsters are gonna develop much more rapidly this season with some talented vets to learn from. I love the moves and I think this is gonna be one of the most exciting seasons in recent memory.

Anyone know what this does to our cap space for next year?

Saw on Twitter with all reported deals they have about 3 mil in space left

We are building what Vogel has worked with in the past. A good front court with versatile wing players. If one or both of Mario or AG can step up as the man, it's going to get serious.

So -- we just replaced Smith, Nicholson, Dedmon, Napier, and Oladipo with Ibaka, Biyombo, Green, Meeks, and Augustin.

Skiles with Vogel.

How are we not better?

They are better but I don't think anyone is looking to just make the playoffs and that's basically where they are. Unless Mario or Gordon turn into stars this team is solid playoff team but no threat to contend for the east.

I don't think anyone is looking to just make the playoffs and that's basically where they are.

Huh? You can't go from bottom dweller to contender in 1 year.

This is EXACTLY what we want. We have a playoff calibur team and will sell that year after year (including next year) to free agents. The biggest of all FA's (Durant, Horford) don't want to go to bottom dwellers -- they want to go to playoff teams.

And that's what we will be this year.

They are better but I don't think anyone is looking to just make the playoffs and that's basically where they are. Unless Mario or Gordon turn into stars this team is solid playoff team but no threat to contend for the east.

We expect them to turn into stars, but probably not this season. We were never going to contend for the East this season.

Honestly I want to keep Vucevic -- having him next to Ibaka is perfect and now we have Biyombo off the bench, which will provide an awesome defensive front court when Vuc is resting.

Biyombo ain't coming off the bench. If Vooch stays by some miracle he'd be the scoring punch off the bench. I suspect he will be shopped though.