Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Have to say when I first saw we signed Bismack I was shaking my head just whispering 'no, no, no'. He was a guy I was worried we might pay really big bucks. Personally, I actually really love the guy but thought he would be getting too much this off-season and didn't want us to get involved. Sitting here now I'm trying to come around to it, I'm still unsure on the deal. Wondering where it leaves our front-court, and I think it says a lot about AG being a SF in the eyes of Henny and Frank. Can Bismack and Vuch both be on the court at the same time? I know on offence it could work cos of Vuch's range, but what about on D? Vuch can't chase around a PF, but if Biyombo is on a dominant Center he will be asked to, I guess in games with those sort of match-ups they won't play them both at the same time? (Rotate Ibaka-BB, Ibaka-Vuch, AG-Vuch/BB)

Isn't he, along with Ibaka, a guy that has had his age questioned when he entered the league a few years back?

EDIT: Just saw GordonMVP's chart and it makes me a little better seeing those number conversions!

Yeah guys we're totally keeping Vucevic...

How quickly is he gone?

He has to be feeling like Cousins right now. "Why all the centers?"

No clue what they would have said, just for me personally that's a move I would have really liked. Swapping Butler for Fournier makes us a contender in my mind, at least in the East. I'm guessing we'll be shopping Vuc so it will be interesting to see what kind of rumors pop up in the coming days.

Yeah I also would have really liked Fournier for Lebron too.

Elf/Augustine

Fournier/Meeks

Green/Hezonja

Ibaka/Gordon

Vuc/Biz

Would be my guess if it was purely rotation based

Looks good. Add in veterans and role players to fill out the roster and we should be aiming for a 5-8 seed.

Honestly I want to keep Vucevic -- having him next to Ibaka is perfect and now we have Biyombo off the bench, which will provide an awesome defensive front court when Vuc is resting.