Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Guys 14 minutes till the Zimmerman takeover.

Also, if you want a good laugh at a guy going completely out of his way to rip the Magic on any and every move they've done--read this.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/orlando-magic-free-agency-offseason-trade-serge-ibaka-jeff-green-contract/45eql4g51wso1q0emev4zun6z

I've been throttling him on twitter for the past hour.

Edit: Zimmerman time in 2 hours.

If rob did anything right this summer it's avoid the massive lengthy contracts for players past their prime.

I can't believe what luol Deng got.

Lakers are going to be mediocre for a long time

If rob did anything right this summer it's avoid the massive lengthy contracts for players past their prime.

I can't believe what luol Deng got.

Lakers are going to be mediocre for a long time

Yep. Lakers have had one of the worse off-seasons I can remember. I would take our off-season over there's 100% of the time. Those are the deals that keep your franchise in the gutter.

Can't emphasize enough how happy I am we've avoided any moves like that.

Yep. Lakers have had one of the worse off-seasons I can remember. I would take our off-season over there's 100% of the time. Those are the deals that keep your franchise in the gutter.

Can't emphasize enough how happy I am we've avoided any moves like that.

Well, Ingram might turn out to be an all star.

Well, Ingram might turn out to be an all star so...

So because they have Ingram that excuses them from tying up 136 million dollars in Deng in Mosgov?

I think your missing my point. Those moves handicap the team. Even if Ingram ends up being a star, you still just tied up 136 million dollars the next 4 years on Mosgov and Deng. Yep, Mosgov and Deng.

Payton/DJ/Etc etc etc

Fournier/Mario/Meeks

AG/Green

Ibaka/AG

Vuch/Mahinmi if we sign him

That's how I see it starting out at first.

Green will start at SF. You don't sign a guy for 15 mil for 1 year to have him start off as a backup. That move showed what position they see AG at, It's pretty obvious now they view him as a 4.

If AG starts opening week, it will be because we traded Vuch and AG starts and the 4 and Ibaka the 5.

Green will start at SF. You don't sign a guy for 15 mil for 1 year to have him start off as a backup. That move showed what position they see AG at, It's pretty obvious now they view him as a 4.

If AG starts opening week, it will be because we traded Vuch and AG starts and the 4 and Ibaka the 5.

Exactly

An equally compelling argument could be made in the other direction. The fact that they didn't lock up a long-term starter at the 3 means that they believe they have that guy on the roster already but he needs some veteran support to share minutes with this season.

So because they have Ingram that excuses them from tying up 136 million dollars in Deng in Mosgov?

I think your missing my point. Those moves handicap the team. Even if Ingram ends up being a star, you still just tied up 136 million dollars the next 4 years on Mosgov and Deng. Yep, Mosgov and Deng.

No the moves suck. I was just pointing out an positive.

You really think we're going to bench our 3rd year high draft pick, who were hoping to be one of "those" guys, for a one year rental of Jeff Green?

I don't care how much Green makes, I bet AG starts.