Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I feel that Henny doesn't let much info out. This could contribute to the lack of info being put out there about us going after specific guys. A few more hours for the madness to begin.

Yeah, I think Gordon is a smokescreen. I think we are targeting Batum. French connection, hence why Fournier is our guy.

I think a lot of the criticism here of Payton is not valid. Last year he had a coach who did not want him on the team. The year before that he had a coach who stifled him. The year before that he was in college. This coming season he will have his 4th coach in 4 years. His 4th offense, his 4th defense. I am not surprised he has not been incredibly consistent. I am not surprised he has seemed a bit lost at times. I am going to see how he does under Vogel, but even then I am not going to be too critical. Not until he plays two consecutive seasons under the same coach and same schemes. He did not come here as a 10 year veteran, he came here as a rookie.

• Upvote 2

I think a lot of the criticism here of Payton is not valid. Last year he had a coach who did not want him on the team. The year before that he had a coach who stifled him. The year before that he was in college. This coming season he will have his 4th coach in 4 years. His 4th offense, his 4th defense. I am not surprised he has not been incredibly consistent. I am not surprised he has seemed a bit lost at times. I am going to see how he does under Vogel, but even then I am not going to be too critical. Not until he plays two consecutive seasons under the same coach and same schemes. He did not come here as a 10 year veteran, he came here as a rookie.

He gets until February before we have to have discussions about his future with the team.

THIS is the Payton Henny believes in:

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2015/3/17/8224717/elfrid-payton-nba-stats-orlando-magic-rajon-rondo-comparison

If anyone recalls, there was NO leaks regarding Paul Milsap until the offer was on the table.

It will likely be the same scenario this offseason.

If anyone recalls, there was NO leaks regarding Paul Milsap until the offer was on the table.

It will likely be the same scenario this offseason.

Yeah, the only June rumors were Quincy acy, Thaddeus young, and Danny green

I think he is talking about serge, vuch, z, and dedmon

Yes although we technically don't have Dedmon since he's a restricted free agent(right)?, but thats what I meant

Pretty good center depth and power forward depth.

Maybe we'll sign wade lol

I actually like that more than a max for Chandler Parsons or Batum but would you sign Wade for 4 years max?

I actually like that more than a max for Chandler Parsons or Batum but would you sign Wade for 4 years max?

I'd give him one year 31 million and convince him it's in his best interest.

Well said.....it is the very same developmental issues that hindered Victor O!!!! So, the problem is also systemic!!! IMHO