Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

the best objective source I can come up with in terms of efficiency is .534 TS% (which is generally the league average over the last few seasons). Above that = above average efficiency. Below that = below average efficiency.

Batum pretty much is Turk except not as good of a shooter but also a much better defender.

There aren't scorers available. our best bet right now is to go batum, Fournier, ibaka, vucevic, Gordon, hezonja, payton, Watson, and a bunch of one year guys into next offseason.

then we trade vucevic

then we use our 31 million in cap space to make a free agency pitch to a scorer.

I like that plan.

A lot better than the Barnes plan.

I like that plan.

A lot better than the Barnes plan.

the barnes plan isn't really a plan. it was a sad feeling I'm trying to find the silver lining on.

the best objective source I can come up with in terms of efficiency is .534 TS% (which is generally the league average over the last few seasons). Above that = above average efficiency. Below that = below average efficiency.

Batum pretty much is Turk except not as good of a shooter but also a much better defender.

There aren't scorers available. our best bet right now is to go batum, Fournier, ibaka, vucevic, Gordon, hezonja, payton, Watson, and a bunch of one year guys into next offseason.

then we trade vucevic

then we use our 31 million in cap space to make a free agency pitch to a scorer.

What scorer do you have in mind?

the barnes plan isn't really a plan. it was a sad feeling I'm trying to find the silver lining on.

Is there anything out there that says he can become really good?

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania · 3m3 minutes ago

Detroit is nearing agreement on a deal to send guard Jodie Meeks to Orlando, league sources tell The Vertical.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE'RE DOING

WTF Jodie Meeks?!?!?!

Oh Dear, please don't give up anything of value. He makes $6,540,000.

Watson & Napier better be all we give up.

Silver lining is that he'll be a good complimentary piece once we draw in a real star. But, like Batum, I think we'd have to massively overpay.

Shams Charania ✔@ShamsCharania

Detroit is nearing agreement on a deal to send guard Jodie Meeks to Orlando, league sources tell The Vertical.

Uhhhhhh

Absolutely zero chance Fournier comes back and Mario starts a head of him. None.

If you don't pay Fournier, who are you paying?

Every team has money. Not to be the bearer of bad news, but free agents aren't lining up to play in Orlando. Fournier is a good player and still young, he's going to get what his worth is based on the new cap. People get way to caught up in the dollar amounts of these new contracts because we aren't used to them being this high.

Mario and AG will get plenty of minutes this year, I'm really not worried about that.

That is precisely my point. Why give Fournier a max contract to be a 6th man? If Fournier turns out to be a better player than Mario this team will not be competing for championships. Only way that happens is with Gordon and Hezonja becoming something special. They aren't going to become something special sitting on the bench.

I understand that a max contract today doesn't mean much two years from now, but it does mean that you don't have a max contract to give out two years from now unless you find a taker for Fournier.

If Ibaka, Gordon and Hezonja lead this team to the playoff's next year, FA will want to talk to Orlando. It would be a shame not to have cap space when they call.

If Ibaka, Gordon and Hezonja aren't leading this team to the playoff's next year, this rebuild has gone wrong and likely needs to be reconstructed.

I guess the bottom line for me is do you see Fournier as part of a big three competing for a championship? I don't so I don't see the need to waste a max slot on him. That said, Henny has put himself in the same box he was in with Harris. If he doesn't match he loses an asset for nothing. Of course as we saw with Harris, matching doesn't mean you are going to end up with an asset.