Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Being asked to play out of position. He wanted to rough it up inside, they wanted him to be a stretch 4 and camp out on the perimeter.

So does that mean he will replace Vuch in the SL necessarily?

I think Vucevic became overrated offensively by the fans (much like Jason Smith) because they were really our only somewhat consistent offense last year. Even when Vooch's shooting 60% from the field he's a net neutral because he can't stop anybody on defense. I'm all for trading him if the price is right but the price isn't nearly as high for him as some people on here want to believe it is.

I don't think he's overrated. Last year he was pulled away from the rim quite a bit.

The year before he was playing a lot more in the paint. Negative about him is he doesn't get to the free throw line...At all...However, he can score in so many ways and his post work is pretty reliable and versatile.

I have no problem with Ibaka at the 5 but we better bring in someone on the perimeter who can not just shoot, but score in a variety of ways.

So does that mean he will replace Vuch in the SL necessarily?

I think it gives us the flexibility to play a lot of different ways. Remember, center isn't even a position in the all-star voting anymore.

Honestly, the defensive potential of a Batum, Gordon, Ibaka front court has me salivating...

How do you score though? You gotta have a point/offensive creator there somewhere.

How do you score though? You gotta have a point/offensive creator there somewhere.

Batum is a really really solid point forward and hopefully Mario and/or Evan can prove their shooting and offensive prowess to be the real deal. Also, I love E.P. and I really believe in him going forward, but we need a point guard that can shoot. Maybe Jarryd Bayless that can play the one/two tweener?

Honestly, the defensive potential of a Batum, Gordon, Ibaka front court has me salivating...

I'm not a big fan of Batum, honestly. He's a good point forward, and a solid, if overrated, defender. But he's more inconsistent than Dipo as a shooter. He's the kind of guy who gives you 20 one night and 2 the next. We need scoring, or at least high efficiency scoring, more than almost anything.